09

"Tell me what you have become."

-Albus Dumbledore

I AM NOT A GOD. BUT I CAN BE A DEVIL

IT ШΔSΠT IΠTΣΠTIΩΠΔL.

Severus hadn't intended for this to happen. And yet he found himself standing outside the headmaster's office, listening to Professor Dumbledore being berated by Calsifer.

"All I ask is to know the range of your ability, my dear." He spoke as softly as he could to calm her down. She had been in a mood with him since the beginning of the semester.

She and Albus had very few private conversations away from the members. In the last one, which was week's ago, he had discussed his plan for her to pretend to be a student in order to keep a close eye on Harry. Calsifer understood the reasoning for it, but she also knew there was another reason Albus didn't want her away from his eyes.

She had always suspected that Albus was afraid of her. Actually she's always known that the man feared her. Calsifer, as a child, was incredibly bright. As she grew under the care of Dumbledore, her lack of magic did not stop her from learning everything there was to know about it. She master spells that took the oldest wizards decades to master.

She was a true prodigy.

Only when she started to dwell in dark magic did Albus begin to worry. Calsifer had done things that could have sent her down the wrong path. Albus feared that if she stayed in such a dark state of mind she would be a far worse version of the Dark lord. Only she couldn't be stopped.

"I only wish for you to tell me what you have become. You are different now Calsifer." He added causing the girl to scoff.

"What I have become? You want to see how much of a monster I can be." She shot back. Her voice was rigid and cold. Something Severus hadn't heard from her, not even when they first met.

"That is not true."

Their voices were a bit muffled from the thick wood of the door but Snape could still hear them.

"You think I don't see that boy chasin' after you up and down those halls?" She shouted. Albus stilled in his chair. Calsifer paced across the room. A choking feeling crawled up her throat; emotions she kept bottled up started to boil over.

"Every time he sees you, he calls out for you! I didn't-" she pants, " I see so much of myself in Harry. Chasing after you, seeking your approval!" She shouted.

"My child, please-"

"No! I'm not your fucking child! You're not my father!" Her voice cracking while she yelled. Albus rounded his large desk to hold the girl only for her to push him away.

"No dont! Do not touch me!" She said firmly, trying to control herself. The white haired women took a few breaths, reining in her emotions and keeping her composure. Calsifer raised her head up high with her shoulder back as she stood tall again.

Severus felt dirty, hearing the women that flirted with him only earlier that day speak with so much weight. He didn't know her, nor did he want to but to hear her speak this way didn't sit right with him.