Chapter 3

(Picture is Raven/Night/Nightpaw)

We followed the 3 cats, who I now knew as Brambleclaw, Ashfur, and Sandstorm. For some reason, Ashfur kept shooting mean looks at Brambleclaw. I wonder what happened between them. Ashfur shot another glance at Brambleclaw, but this time, Sandstorm saw it.

"Ashfur, stop giving Brambleclaw those looks." She mewed sharply.

Ashfur opened his mouth to speak, but probably thought better of it when Sandstorm looked at him. How much authority does she have?

"Stupid furball." I muttered.

Ashfur bristled. "What did you say, kittypet?" He hissed, whipping around to face me.

"I am not a kittypet! I am a loner! Big difference, mouse brain!" I growled back.

"You said you lived in a barn. Twolegs build barns, which makes you a soft kittypet." Ashfur growled.

I crouched down, ready to pounce, so did Ashfur.

"Knock it off you two!" Sandstorm hissed, grabbing Ashfur's scruff. I felt teeth clasp onto my scruff, and saw Sam.

"You just about ruined our mission. Be careful next time." He growled into my ear, low enough so no one else could hear.

"He started it!" I growled back.

"It doesn't matter who started it. Stop it." He growled.

"Fine." I sighed. We kept walking.

The cat scent continued to get stronger until Brambleclaw mewed "We're here." And they led us into a hollow.

When we walked into the hollow, there were several cats in there. They all looked at us, some with curiosity, and some with hostility. A blazing ginger Tom jumped down from a ledge, landing gracefully.

"Sandstorm, Brambleclaw, Ashfur." He said, nodding the the three cats. "Who have you brought with you, and why?" He asked, gazing at us with his emerald green eyes.

"They wanted to join our clan." Ashfur grumbled, glaring at me.

"Oh, I see. I'll call a meeting right away, but they would have to earn their place in the clan." The ginger cat meowed. "I am Firestar." He said, dipping his head. "What would your names be?" He asked.

"I am Lily, that's Night, and that is Sam." Lily said, pointing at each of us with her tail.

"Good. I will call the meeting now." He said and jumped onto a ledge. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the high ledge for a clan meeting!" He yowled. As soon as he said that, cats started to gather around him.

"If you haven't seen already, there are now three loners in our camp, and they wish to join." As soon as he said that the clan threw a fit.

"We can't accept more cats into our clan!"

"They don't know our ways!"

"We may as well go live in the twoleg place, we have enough non-clanborn cats already."

Do they always disrespect their leader like this? Weird.

"Silence! They will have apprentice names until they have earned their place. They will sleep in the apprentices den, and even though they are as old as some of our warriors, they will have mentors and learn the ways of Thunderclan as an apprentice, and have apprentice duties." He yowled.

"Sam, Night, and Lily, please step forward." He mewed. I blinked and did as I was told.

"Night, from this moment on until you have earned your warrior name, if you earn your place in the clan, you shall be known as Nightpaw. Your mentor will be Sorreltail. I trust that she will teach you all she knows." He meowed and Sorreltail stepped forward.

"Touch noses with her." Sandstorm whispered.

I obeyed and punched my nose gently onto hers. We stepped back into the crowd.

"Lily, until you earn your place in your place in this clan and receive your warrior name, you shall be known as Lilypaw. Brightheart, when Jaypaw went to train as a medicine cat, I told you I would give you another apprentice. You shall Mentor Lilypaw, and teach her well." Firestar meowed, and a ginger and white shecat stepped forward to touch her nose to Lilypaw's.

I gasped when I saw that she only had one eye, the side without an eye was mangled and hairless. But Lilypaw didn't seem to mind, she eagerly touched her nose to Brightheart's. They stepped back into the crowd.

"Sam, until you earn your warrior name and a place in this clan, you shall be known as Adderpaw. Your mentor will be Graystripe, and I know he will pass on all he knows to you." Firestar meowed, and the two cats touched noses.

"Nightpaw! Lilypaw! Adderpaw!" The cats around us cheered our names. Then Firestar jumped off the high ledge and the clan dispersed. We stayed with our mentors.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Sooo... Yeah, Ashfur. That part was fun, Him acting like a teenage girl. XD now, for a vote! In the comments, vote either Ashfur or Thornclaw, something will happen to the one with the least amount of votes :P

Anyway, also comment what you think their warrior names should be! I have Nightpaws planned out, but not Adderpaw or Lilypaw.

Oh yeah, don't forget to

Read

Comment

Vote.

~firespirit