Chapter 22

Sorry, again.
Guys, after a lot of alone time after the incident at Christmas and with things happening around my family, I finally have had some time to write stuff. I am really sorry for all of you who have been here since the beginning who have waited months for this. I am really sorry, but here it is, the wait is over. I promise to be more active, it's just with the whole cheating thing and my Granddad being put into hospital, I was quite distraught.
I'll get on with it.
Guys, seriously. ENJOYYYYYYYYY

CAROLINE'S POV

In the car, sitting in the backseat holding my baby girl. I had a few names in my mind, but I felt like he should know. She is his daughter. Okay, granted I didn't actually tell him about her being conceived. But, I was scared. He might have made me get rid of her.
And I would never ever do that. I love her too pieces.

I watched as Elijah carried Emma's sleeping body to the trunk of the car. I'm sure she's going through the transition of becoming a vampire.

If her Father can accept her and love her as I do, then I know he'll want to see the bitch suffer like I do.

Elijah started the car, and drove off to our destination. I stared down at the bundle of blankets, containing the most important thing in my never-ending immortal life.
She looked up at me, with the biggest and bluest eyes, you've ever seen. She must have gotten that from me. My baby also had a lot of her father in her. It was plain to see. From the 3 people it could have been, they just had to choose him.
They have a wicked sense of humour.
She wriggled in my arms, agitated at the lack of space to move around in, as she was swaddled in pretty blankets. As she moved about, her tufts of hair fell from her hat. I smiled in adoration at the infant. Her fathers hair.

I clutched her to my body, and silently said prayers. Hoping- no begging, that he would accept her. He could easily kill her. She was such a fragile thing. But she was a warrior in my eyes, she managed to survive that bitch attempting to end her.

"Elijah." I tried to grab Elijah's attention whilst he was driving. He looked into the rear view mirror and made eye contact with me. "What are we gonna do when we get there? I don't want her to get hurt. I think we need some kinda plan of action." He nodded, contemplating my idea.

"Well. I could go in first, and try and talk him down. He's not seeing her until he promises not hurt anyone or lash out. And if he does try to, I'll take him down, and you take the car and get away." He told me.

"Elijah that's crazy! I can't just leave you behi-" He cut me off.

"But you will. Because I did not wait 6 months to help you, to abandon you or her to be slaughtered by her father. Or anyone at that." Elijah stated.

"Which is exactly why I won't leave you to get hur-" The Original vampire abruptly stopped the car. I clutched my newborn close to my chest, trying to protect her. I was furious.
We both got out the car.

"What the Hell, Elijah?!" I screeched. He walked up to me unfazed by my screaming. I held my baby girl closer to my chest as he walked toward me.

He fixed his tie, looking bored as always. But I saw emotion in his eyes. I couldn't tell what it was or what it could be. Elijah was intimidating due to his stone cold expression, and how tall he was compared to me. I saw genuine emotion in his eyes.
He cupped my face in his hands. I panicked and knew what he was going to do. I tried to pull away, but his steel grip was preventing my escape.

"Elijah, no please. Don't..." I trailed off, whimpering. I didn't want too.

He stared into my eyes, our pupils dilated due to the concentration. Elijah sighed before speaking.