Chapter 6

CAROLINE'S POV

I turned around and all I could see was a familiar face. That used to haunt my nightmares, dreams, thought, speech and my reality. I knew Marcel had meant Klaus but I was still shocked to see him. He looked shocked to see me here, almost as much as I was.

"Caroline." He greeted me with his grin that I recalled him only ever using when speaking to me. "What a pleasant surprise!" Klaus' British accent hit me like a tidal wave.
"Mm... If I knew you were here I probably wouldn't be here." I lied, voice dripping with sarcasm and a grin.
"I like her." A man commented simply, I still had no idea who he was.
"So you had no idea I was here? I'm curious as to why you are here though." He questioned with a smile. "Nothing to do with-"
I cut him off very quickly and sharp, "No." But wait. Is Tyler here? Nope, can't be doing with that right now. Klaus put his hands up jokingly in surrender whilst chuckling.
"Caroline, how long are you here for?" The man asked.
"I wouldn't know. Ask the cryptic guy who sent me the creepy letter and an airline ticket to New Orleans Which by the was, coach and not first class." I scoffed at the unknown man. Klaus erupted in a fit of laughter at my remarks. Klaus wiped a tear away from his eye as the man looked at me again.
"I'm the cryptic guy, Marcel." He said jokingly, extending his hand in friendly manner. I shook it politely, and gave a sincere smile.
"So Marcel how long am I here for?" I asked. He shrugged. He reminded me of Jesse. He was the guy Elaina killed, because a creepy science guy experimented on him and made him feed off vampires. I mentally sighed. "So you're welcome to stay with me." Marcel offered suggestively.
I looked over at Klaus, who looked a bit red. Not blush or embarrassment. But with rage.
"I think Caroline would prefer staying with someone she knew." He said protectevly, his eyes never leaving Marcel.

"Umm.." I contemplated, "I'll stay with.." They both looked at me hopefully.  "I'll go with Klaus.." I cringed at Marcel's face fall slightly. Klaus smiled triumphantly.

"Let's go then." He grinned.