One.

Alani

Grabbing my books and jacket I pick up my keys and go to my car. Sitting down in the seat, I have to pull the seat back because of my 5'8 height. Don't get me wrong I like being tall, just don't love it.

My head is always touching the roof in other peoples cars; especially the short peoples cars.

Looking down at my outfit trying to see if it's debatable or not. It's really simple really just some green high waisted cargo pants and a biggie notorious graphic tee with my plaid flannel.

It's good I tell myself even if I don't think it is. Rolling my eyes I reverse out the drive way and ride the way to school.

Walking the crowded halls of —West View High—trying not to bump into anyone because I do not have time for their shit today.

Opening up my locker, I put the lock in the top part of it to get out my math book and to put my science one in. Checking my phone I realize that I only have 10 minutes before math class starts and 5 to meet Scarlett at her locker which is on the other side of the halls.

Walking behind her open locker, I tap her left shoulder and watch as she turns her head then I tap her on her right where I am and just watch her head turn left and right.

Holding my stomach because I'm trynna hold back a laugh as she glared at me with her deep green eyes. After giggling for a little I take note of her appearance.

Her red hair is up in a ponytail, her pink plump lips have clear lipgloss of them, her forearm tattoo on display between her short black  sleeve shirt. Her jeans are black with holes in the knees and she's wearing her white Air Force 1's. Mouth watering. Lemme stop thinking like that.

Plus she's also wearing a silver necklace and rings on her thumb, and middle finger.

"What did I tell you about doing that Lani," she shuts her locker and turns towards me. "You gotta stop sneaking up on me like that, I feel stupid moving my head side to side trynna see who that is.. okay" holding my right hand up I nod and salute trynna be funny. When she rolls her eyes I laugh and she laughs with me.

Checking my phone we had two minutes to get to class and choose a seat. "Aight come on though we have two minutes before we're considered late" I say looking up at her 6'3 self and grab her hand. I interlock them and walk to class in a fast pace. When we make it in we go sit in the back.

We sit and I put my left leg on hers while she messages it with her thumb. We continue doing notes while the teacher explains more.

••

Going into my history class, taking a seat in the back I pull a book from my bag and begin going onto the page I stopped on. When turning to the next page, a seat scrapes against the white tile floor making me look up. Looking up I'm met with a nice pair of blue eyes.

"This seat taken?" He ask. I nod my head while getting back to my reading.

"I'm Justin Andrews" looking up I notice he  said something. "Huh" I ask putting my book on my desk. "My name, what's yours" he asked. "Oh uh Alani Lopez" I say and he shakes his head. "Nice name" he complemented and my face got hot. Good thing I'm black, whew.

"Thanks" I say and start writing down the notes on the board. I realized he hasn't stopped looking at me since he sat down, so I turned my head towards him.

"Gotta staring problem or something" I asked raising my eyebrow. "Nope-" he said popping the 'P' at the end, "-just you're really pretty."

Awkward. "Thanks?" I said more of a question than anything. He nodded his head and turned towards the board. I did the same thing and wrote the notes down.

This is gonna be a long day huh?

••

"Can I come to you're house tonight?" Scarlett ask as we sit down under the tree for lunch. Since sophomore year, we have came out and sat under this big tree for lunch.

Ever since we've just came here instead of that big, noisy, and smelly cafeteria. "Sure what time?" I open up my bag and pool two chocolate chip granola bars out; handing one to her. "Thanks"

I nod my head and open the wrapper. "I'll come by around 6:30." she explains chewing into hers.

I nod then pull my book out and get to the page. I stop when I feel her piercing green eyes on me. "What?" I chuckle a little, turning in her direction, setting my leg across her lap.

"Read me a page" she says.

I say okay and move, so now I'm sitting in between her legs while I have the book in my hands.

"I settle on a kiss, but I keep it fairly quick because I'm scared that if I don't pull away from him I might tell him I'm in love with him. It's right there on the top of my tongue and it's harder keeping it in than letting it out. But I don't wanna be the first one to say it. Not yet, anyway."

I finish reading some of the words on the book. I can feel how tense she's gotten since I started reading making me worry a little.

"You okay?" I ask lifting my head to look back at her. "Y-yeah sorry just...that's just really good writing" she says in a nervous tone making me furrow my brows.

"What-" I laugh because I don't get why she's nervous, "-why is you're heart beating so fast" I question sitting up and getting on my knees. She looks at me with something in her eyes that i can't tell what it is.

I put my hand on her chest area where the heart is and feel as her heart beats rapidly now. "I'm okay." I don't believe her one bit but let it go.

For now anyway.

"Let's just finish reading the page, yeah" she picks the book back up and gives it to me. I take it hesitatingly and turn back around, getting into the position before.

Warnings

•LOVE INTEREST IS INTERSEX
•CHOKE KINK
•INTERRACIAL COUPLE
•HOMOPHOBIC PEOPLE