Six.

Alani

*TWO PART POV'S*

I was sitting on my bed on this rainy ass day just looking out my window at the droplets rolling down. I had my book in hand but got distracted by the rain hitting the window hard.

My tv was playing 'Like I Want You' by Giveon on low volume. Giveon will always be my favorite person to listen to when happy or sad. There's something about his voice that just smoothed you.

"Alani ven aquí" I hear my mothers voice from downstairs. I get up, set my book down and open my door; walking downstairs.

(Alani come here)

"Yes lady" I poke my head in the doorway of her room. My parents wanted the downstairs room for whatever reason. There's 4 other rooms in this house and they had to choose the bottom room.

But their not slick. At all.

"Don't call me that and secondly come look at what you're cousin Alessia posted on Facebook. Talking all that shit" I laughed after she finished and went to sit down beside her.

She turned her phone so I could see what Alessia said this time. No one in my family like Alessia because she always saying some shit that either don't make a single sense or be straight forward fucking lying.

"Man fuck family that don't give a fuck to check up on you. Family supposed to be there at all times and check in on you but don't do it. That's some bullshit"

I laughed after reading that dumbass post she posted an hour ago. "Man she be lying like a bi- biscuit" I had to catch myself there for a moment.

"Man for real knowing yo abuela always call that girl every two weeks" she say shutting her phone off and setting it aside.

She turns her attention to me. She looks directly in my face like she looking for something.

"How are you and Scarlett?" I knew it was coming. They always ask when me and scar gone get together and stuff. I always say never but now...yeah.

"We're fine"

"That's all though, mija anyone can feel the sexual tension when y'all walk into a room" she exaggerates. I gently push her shoulder making her long black hair sway left to right.

"I'll let you know when I figure it out myself ma" I kiss her cheek and get off the bed. I run out her room and go upstairs but not before hearing her yell from downstairs.

"USE PROTECTION MIJA IM DEADASS NO QUIERO VER NIETOS ANTES DE CUMPLIR 18 AÑOS. INCLUSO SI QUIERO ALGUNOS."

(I don't want to see no grandkids before you're 18. Even if I want some.)

I laughed because that will not be happening.

••

Scarlett is such a cute sleeper. Her messed up red hair going everywhere, her slight little snore, the long black eyelashes. It's not fair. I pulled one of the many curls I had in a bun on my head down and played with it.

She's such a fucking cute sleeper.

Me, I'm a rough sleeper to we're I'll kick, push, or steal cover from you.

I took my braids out last week since my hair was growing to much for them. I looked back at the phone sitting down on the bed facing my face and looked at Scarlett.

I press down on the white circle button and pressed it making a flash go off. When I did press it Scarlett open one of her eyes and looked at the screen.

"Don't tell me you just took a photo of me" she groans moving over so now she's on her back. "Delete it"

"I did and no" I smiled when she turned her head to look at me in the little FaceTime screen.

"Okay well-" I saw multiple flashes go off on the screen making me laugh quietly and face my phone face down. "-Hah now we're even just me a little more than you" she chuckled.

"Send me those" I said cause I wanna see what I looked like. I got a message sent through from her contact with 5 images. I opened it and saw some of me laughing, playing with my hair, and some of me getting ready to put the phone down.

"Okay the laughing one is cute but the others. You did me dirty as fuck" I gasped rubbing my eyes.

It's 3:47am right now and we've been on FaceTime since 9pm. The rain stopped a while ago but I didn't wanna go out the house at all.

"Go to sleep principessa" I heard her whisper through the phone. I adjusted the phone on the night stand and layed my head on the pillow.

(Princess-Italian)

I heard hushed whispers coming from her end of the phone but didn't think anything of it and drifted off to sleep.

Scarlett

"Dude shut the hell up" I whisper-yelled to my annoying 20 year old brother who just barged in the room.

He came in here wanting to tell me something but then saw Alani going to sleep on FaceTime and shut up. I saw him smirk from the corner of my eye while I was looking at my principessa asleep.

And she said she didn't look cute. Her hair was in her silk bonnet but it will come off her head. One thing about her is she is a wild sleeper.

"Leo-" short for Leonardo-" get out before you wake her" I whisper yelled while throwing a pillow at him. He scoffed and rolled his eyes but nevertheless left my room.

But not before he threw the pillow back at me. I shook my head and focused back on the screen at Alani's sleeping figure.

And I was right, her bonnet came off already.

This was shorter than the rest but it's fine.