Chapter 5 Plus Two

Warnings for this chapter cults night terrors trauma from killing in self defense mentions of prosthetics

----

Theresa and Percy Font had a morning routine.

Percy would wake up and a few minutes later his Dad would wake up his sister before telling them what was for breakfast. Then Percy would help his with the prosthetics while telling her about his dreams. Then they would go eat breakfast.

Some days they would go to the park or they would paint each other's nails, well painting Theresa's finger prosthetics. Other days Theresa was busy with homeschooling and Percy was bribed to go to preschool.

This routine changed once again with their dads having a meeting with a social worker about fostering 2 children.

Peppermint O'Mann and Olly Jumpmoon entered the household. The 2 survivors of The Cubbyhole shared a room and kept to themselves.

Percy would try to talk to them.

"Hey Peppermint want to draw with me?"

The human girl would shake her head and would go back to sitting in her room.

Theresa also tried.

"Yo Olly wanna play Little Big Planet with me?"

the skeletal cow monster would shake their head before returning to their isolation only letting Peppermint in. This went on for a few months.

One night both Peppermint and Olly woke up due to nightmares. Usually they wouldn't even make the Font family aware of the issue and one would just help the other calm down.

Percy woke up and then lead Theresa to the older children's room.

She cracked open the door to see Peppermint frozen in place, staring at her hands, crying and screaming. Olly was surrounded by magically summoned sunflowers the roots red and the petals wilting.

Theresa ran to get her dads while Percy carefully entered the room and clambered onto Peppermint's bed and gently rubbed her back. As the elder human child became more aware of her surroundings Mettaton, Theresa and Papyrus entered the room.

Mettaton sat down and talked to Peppermint while Papyrus gingerly reached through Olly's summoned attacks and gave the cow monster reassurance.

That morning 2 more children started calling Mettaton daddy and Papyrus dad.

Once again foster paperwork soon turned into adoption paperwork.