Ashton

She stares at me with wide eyes. Not believing that I remembered.

It came to me last night as I was watching her sleep. She always did look familiar to me. She had the same big brown eyes. The same nose. The same hair color. Everything about her resembled the little girl by the lake.

As I recalled the memory I saw her. In a yellow princess dress standing alone by the lake. I didn't need to see her face to know she was sad. I could tell by the way her shoulders were all tensed up that she was carring weight. Weight that shouldn't be on a girl has young as her. I continued to watch  her.

She stepped closer to the lake. To the point where her feet was just touching the water. A tear dropped into the water. I took a step closer only for her to take a step into the water. I knew what she was about to do. Why? I never did know. But I felt like I needed to protect her. She was like a delicate flower that never saw the sun. And I felt as if I was the sun. I tried to get to her in time but it seemed like every step I took, she took. Right as I got to the lake she started to struggle. I dived into the water to save her. I was a great swimmer but holding another body while swimmimg was a much more difficult task.

Eventually, we made it to land. Thats when I saw it. Her face was beaten and bruised badly. I could barley make out her features but the little ones I did match up with the features Layla has. I asked if she was okay while coughing up the water I inhaled.

I reached out to her to give comfort only for her to get up and runaway. She ran with her braid swinging back and fourth and her dress sagging on the cold wet ground. After that I saw the same girl everyday...... Each and everytime a little voice at the back of my head would tell me that she was the girl that I saved. I kept pushing the thought away though. Not wanting to believe that such a happy girl at school was really a sad girl in disguise.

(Sorry, its soo short! But I've been very busy. Ill try to keep updating every 1 to 2 weeks)