Chapter 8 (Your not ethier)

Carmen's P.O.V

“Carmen?”

“Mmm?”

“Wake up,” said a voice in my ear.

I cracked open one eye and was eyeball to eyeball with Austin.

I was so frightened that I jerked backwards….and right off the side of my bed.

“How did you- Where are- Why were you-” I sputtered.

Austin looked like the picture of relaxation, staring at me looking greatly amused.

I struggled to untangle myself from my comforter and when I finally managed it, I pointed a shaking finger at him.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, hands on my hips.

“You passed out, so I carried you home,” he explained, sitting back on my computer chair.

“Why are you in my room?”

“I wasn’t just going to leave you passed out by yourself.”

“My sister is home,” I seethed.

“Actually, she is not. She left a note on the fridge saying she was staying at Monika's house tonight,” he said calmly.

“How did you know where I lived?”

He blinked in surprise.

“Austin,” I warned.

“I believe it’s time for me to go home.” He said, picking up his jacket from the back of my chair.

I ran past him, slamming my bedroom door shut with my hand before pressing my back firmly against it.

“You are not leaving until you answer my question.”

“What question?” he asked, looking innocent.

“How did you know where I lived?” I growled, “And don’t you dare think about lying to me. I’ve had it up to here with people not telling me anything or lying to me,” I said, holding my hand well above my head to illustrate my point.

He sighed. “You don’t want to hear it.”

“Oh, yes I do.”

“No, you don’t.”

“Austin, I swear to God, tell me now,” I said, my voice edging on anger even though I was well past anger, while the sweet scent from school burned in my nostrils.

“Carmen, calm down, you don’t realize how dangerous this is, how important it is that you calm down,” he said, his silver eyes wide.

“Don’t tell me to calm down!” I shouted, feeling my whole figure trembling with anger. “Just tell me how you knew where I lived!”

“I followed your scent!” he said, grabbing my upper arms roughly. “I found your scent and followed it here.” His eyes were wild and flashing.

I stared at him, not understanding.

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

He laughed, but it wasn’t a nice laugh. It was bitter and made the hair on my arms stand up.

“I’m not human, Lila, certainly you might have guessed that something was off about me,” he said.

“You’re crazy,” I said.

They aren’t good people, Lila.

It’d be best for you to stay away from them.

I understand what they meant now.

“Get out of my house,” I said, yanking the door open roughly.

“Fine,” he said curtly, and I followed him to the front door of my house. I opened that door and watched him as he walked out; he went a little ways out the door before turning around to face me again.

“You should just know, you’re not human either Carmen And you better get used to the idea of it, ‘cause you’re going to be that way forever.” He said, his silver eyes piercing mine before he turned away and walked down the street.

____________________________________________________________________

Short Chapter I know but vote for more my Brownies!!

~NiallsBabeYaYa