Chapter Thirty Four: Drunken Voicemails

Lola Pov:

I woke up and felt Evans warm arms wrapped tightly around me. I wasn't the best of sleeps but I managed to sleep in the end. I untangled myself from his arms and tip toed t my bag. I grabbed it with one hand and headed towards the bathroom. I quickly got changed and crept downstairs not wanting to wake Evan. I left a note on his kitchen table letting him know I went to Miles and that he should text me when he woke up.

 I quietly shut the door behind me and started to walk down the pavement.  Even though the sun was up it was still freezing. I wrapped my coat around me and pulled out my Ipod from my pocket. I put my head phones in and played sweater weather by the neighbourhood on full volume.  whilst walking down the road I rummaged around in my bag to find my phone.

 36 missed calls from Miki

 18 voice mails

 I unplugged one of my headphones from my ear and replaced it with the phone.

 18 new voice mails

 11:35pm BEEP

 Next thing I know I herd Alexs voice booming through the speaker.

 *Lola where ya? I didn' mean..... you know me.... I only like you" His accent was thick, I could tell he was drunk. I listened to the others which where all the same, saying that Arielle came onto him and he only liked me and never her. I looked down at the floor biting my lip to keep my tears in.  I started to pick up my pace a little until I walked straight into someone causing me to fall to the ground.

"I guess we keep walking into each other must be a sign" I herd a strong Sheffield accent.  He held his hand out and I took it. He pulled me up. I slowly raised my head. I saw Miles white shirt.

"Thanks M..." As I rasied my head up to face him I saw that it wasn't Miles but Alex. I looked away and then walked past him.

 "Wait. We need to talk"

 "About what exactly? It looked pretty obvious to me that you enjoyed that kiss" I said my voice getting louder.  Alex grabbed my arm and pulled me around to face him. He then placed

"So what you think kissing me is going to make me change my mind?"

I said pushing him away slightly.

 "Look Alex, we are to different people. Your into your music, been out with a lot of girls, the cool popular kid that everyone wants to be and I am the complete opposite. I want to do well in my exams but you don't even seem to care about them. We are like to separate people. Im sorry Alex but I don't think that it will work between us anymore. Im sorry"

That's it.... I just turned my back and walked away. Gone for good.