New legs

Tears once again, formed out of Bambi's eyes. He couldn't look at Dave straight in the eye, he was only able to look below at Dave's now, brand new legs. Prosthetic legs.

"Dave..." He said, with a gloomy look on his face, and a disappointed tone in voice.
Dave smiled at him, although it looked slightly fake. "Bambi, don't be sad buddy, I'll be oka-" Dave was cut off by a side hug from the farmer.

Neither of them said a word, they just stood there hugging each other. Dave blushed a bit, and felt comfort.

"So...when will you come back?" Bambi asked, he sounded desperate for an answer, hoping it would be, "soon."

"I'm not quite sure, but I doubt it'll be a long time. Don't worry bud, I'll be out of here before you know it!" Dave said, with some hope. Yet, deep inside he knew his life wouldn't be the same anymore. With legs like these, and a wheelchair, there would be great limits to things he could do.

Bambi frowned, but then he smiled. He trusted Dave and his words. He held his hands, and said, "Promise me you'll be back soon! Promise me, Dave!"

Dave turned a bit pink, gave him a smile, and with a small tear on his eye, promised Bambi. He didn't want to let him down, no matter the cost.

-
-
-

{I'M SO SORRY IF I MESSED THIS SHORT CHAPTER UP A BIT BTW!}