Comfort

-
-
It was a beautiful and sunny day outside. The clouds were out, the sun was shining, but it gave a warm type of warmth, not hot. The smell of the fresh grass was spread throughout the whole corn field, which made it much more enjoyable to be outside, especially for Dave and Bambi.

But, even though the day was nice, and even though you'd assume that both men felt happy and relaxed, only one did not. That "one", was Dave.
He spent nearly a whole hour outside, just staring at his new legs and wheelchair, meanwhile Bambi was sitting on the grass, next to the wheelchair, waiting for Dave to speak up.
Dave wanted to run around and walk freely, Dave wanted to enjoy his days, without having to sit on a wheelchair nearly all day, he wanted to do so many things, but it hurt him knowing he couldn't, and it was all because of a foolish mistake he now regret making.

Bambi had had enough of this sad and awkward silence, so he stood up, went into his corn field, and crabbed some corn to give to Dave.
He walked back, and took one of Dave's hand. On that hand, he put a piece of corn in it, causing Dave to smile a bit for a few seconds, but he only frowned again afterwards.

"Dave, what's the matter? You're not usually like this." Bambi asked with a soft and concerned tone of voice.
"Nothing" Dave boldly replied back.

Bambi knew something was off, he could tell Dave was lying, though, he did not scold him or yell at him about it, he just leaned in for a hug, and gave him a kiss on his lips.

"It's okay Dave, you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, but I want you to remember, life can still be enjoyable, you just need to find the right way to enjoy it. Having those legs, or using a wheelchair won't put you at a disadvantage for everything, trust me Dave, I promise."