EPISODE 16: "The person who completes me"

Shaurya visits his mother to ask for her blessing, and she asks what he would do if she refused

Shaurya visits his mother to ask for her blessing, and she asks what he would do if she refused. Shaurya responds that he and Anokhi Bhalla would wait until she relented, getting older and older in the process, and adds that he felt like dying without having Anokhi Bhalla by his side - anything would be better than that.

His mother sighs, conflicted.Later that day, Shaurya brings Anokhi Bhalla to Grandpa's house to formally meet his family. Anokhi Bhalla frets over her appearance, but Shaurya lovingly reassures her that she looks pretty.
His mother enters the room then, jokingly chiding Shaurya for being so lovey-dovey as she welcomes Anokhi Bhalla in.

Grandpa makes his way down the stairs and greets Anokhi Bhalla, commenting that it's been a long time since they've seen each other.
Confused, Anokhi Bhalla says that this is the first time they've met, but Shaurya looks at her in surprise, asking if she still doesn't recognize him. Grandpa calls Anokhi Bhalla his savior and hands her a small envelope; she opens it, revealing the hospital bill receipt that she had paid for Grandpa.

It takes a few moments beforeAnokhi Bhalla finally realizes that Grandpa is the man she saved all those months ago, and she gasps in delight at the discovery

Grandpa jokes that it's only fair for his savior to receive his entire inheritance - a rude little rascal like Shaurya doesn't deserve any part of it.

Grandpa urges the two of them to get married soon so that he can be there to see it, and Shaurya's mother quips that Shaurya is probably in more of a rush than Grandpa is.In the car, Shaurya pouts when he hears that Anokhi Bhalla's parents want an herbalist to be their son-in-law, and says that the only son-in-law they'll be having is Sabherwal Group's Shaurya Sabherwal.

Anokhi Bhalla laughs at his grumpiness, but things get serious when the couple meets withAnokhi Bhalla's parents, who adamantly refuse to give their blessing.
"Everyone starts out liking one another in the beginning," says Anokhi Bhalla's mother, "but that isn't the case anymore when you start living with one another!"

She insists that Shaurya and Anokhi Bhalla are too different from one another in terms of status to be compatible, and her father says tersely that he doesn't want Shaurya to makeAnokhi Bhalla suffer. Declaring that he'll never give his blessings, he gets up and leaves the room.