How it all began...

The treaty pretty much depended on me.

I had to follow orders.

I had no choice.

So there i was, barebeque sauce on my titties.

I mean.. summoned to the Demon King's throne room.

With no condiments on me, just to be clear..

And i waited to hear whatever reason they had for calling me here..

But, i wasn't met by the Demon King, or even his usual messenger..

Instead, a blonde boy carrying a giant sword entered the room from a door beside the throne.

He stared at me for a second..

Almost like he was sizing me up.?

I know i have nothing to prove to these people .

I've done enough for them that my reputation should speak for itself..

"You're Y/N?" he asks, still looking down at me from the top of the stairs that ascended to the throne.

"I am. Who are you?" i say, feeling more and more suspicious of him.

"Meliodas," he says, pausing once again examining me..

"So, you ready?"

Huh.?

"For what?" i asked..

I'd say it was at this point that my confusion reached its peak..

But, instead of an explanation, he simply smiled before jumping down the stairs with his sword over his head ready to strike.

I react as quick as i can and sanguis step away.

The red smoke i created only added to his threatening aura..

Perfect.

"I've heard a lot about you, i have to admit i jumped at the chance to fight you" he says, pulling his sword out of the ground.

"Why did you get that opportunity at all?" i ask, something is wrong here, i need to know what's going on.

"You may be a pretty face princess, but that doesn't mean i'll tell you all my secrets" he says with a chuckle before attempting to strike me again..

I sanguis step backwards to avoid him, surveying the room..

Maybe the Demon King was testing me.

No, he knows i'm capable.

That's not it..

Why the hell am i here?

"I doubt i can actually fight a high-ranking member of the demon clan without any repercussions." i say, still very suspicious of him..

He looks at me a devilish smile and says "i won't tell if you don't."

Honestly, after weeks of politics, my brain had shrivelled up with boredom..

So, i would happily fight this guy but i still can't shake the feeling that somethings wrong..

I continue to dodge his attacks using sanguis step, but the speed of his strikes leave no chance for me to counter attack anyway..

Finally, i channel greater power into my sanguis step, teleporting me further, up onto the giant chandelier in the centre of the room.

Which i always thought was kind of tacky, but in this situation turned out to be useful..

I use my advantage to cast Crimson Thread..