A Day in the Life of a Vampire Captive in a Demon Castle

I awaken with a stabbing pain in my head that quickly spreads throughout my body. I grimace as i dart upright, my fingernails digging into the palm of my hand as i rest my head on my knees.

"You're awake!" i hear a voice say but i can barely even hear it as i feel like every inch of my skin is being stabbed by a thousand needles. Only when i feel the bed sink behind me do i realise the person is right behind me. I turn my head to see Meliodas looking down at me.

I go to speak but no words come out when the pain returns ten-fold. I throw my arms over my face as i pray for the pain to go away. I feel a slight relief from the pain when Meliodas' hand touches my shoulder. After i reach out my hand to hold his hand in place, he moves me to sit up so i'm leaning against his chest. I try to speak again but the pain doesn't allow it. I feel tears escape my eyes as the pain continues, Meliodas seems unsure of what to do as he just tightens his grip on me.

Eventually the pain begins to fade, and i take a deep breath before letting out a sigh of relief. Meliodas tilts his head at me when i finally relax, "Are you okay?"

"What happened?" i ask looking up at him, ignoring his question. His face becomes covered in guilt, but my feeling of anxiety overrides any sympathy i could have for him in that moment. "What happened?" i repeat myself hoping to get an answer this time. I feel him take a deep breath before he replies "They... infused you with demon blood."

"What does that even mean?" i say looking at him feeling my anger growing as i lean away from him. "It made you part demon so you'll be stronger and-" Meliodas tried to explain but stops when i push myself completely away from him. "Are you okay?" He asks again, i feel my eyes roll as i reply "Jee, what do you think?"

"...i'll be fine." i finish before realising "So what am i supposed to do now?" i say reminding myself of all the grief i'm trying so desperately to repress.

"The King wants you fight in the Holy War as soon as possible. So, you'll probably be dispatched in a few hours" Meliodas says carefully as if he's expecting me to blow up, "Fan-fucking-tastic" i sigh before collapsing back onto the bed.

- - - - - - - 1 month later - - - - - - -

We'd been fighting Stigma constantly for a month, i was always dispatched alongside the ten commandments, but i was becoming more and more tired with all of it. There had to be any easier way than this endless slaughter.

I became lost in my thoughts while we were travelling to another battlefield. I didn't even see it coming. I was completely caught out when they struck. The arrow had pierced my chest before i had even registered that there was an ambush. I doubled over, ripped the arrow out and started coughing and gasping for breath, i could barely hear the faint sound of Meliodas ordering the other commandments before they all rushed off towards our attackers.

Then i saw Meliodas kneel down in front of me, his face plagued with worry as he reached out to me. i place my hand to my wound and mumble the words 'aima remedy' and the wound slowly heals. I don't even have time to catch my breath before Meliodas has wrapped me in a hug. I'm too shocked to react at first, but eventually i wrap my arms behind his neck.

I feel him bury his face into my neck and when the embarrassment gets too much i say "Are you, uh, done yet?" with a light chuckle. I immediately feel regret when i feel him smile on my neck, and he says "Almost..." as i feel his hands slide down my back.

My embarrassment forces me to push him away when his hands start getting too low. "Unbelievable..." i grumble as i turn away from him to hide my blush to which he only laughs in response.

When Meliodas leaves to join the fight, he insists i stay behind to 'recover' which is stupid but i eventually agreed nonetheless.

After sitting against a rock for a while, i'm approached by a beautiful woman dressed all in white - she was clearly a Goddess but she doesn't seem to mean any harm.

"Hello?" i say as she reaches me, "Hello, my name is Elizabeth, i need to talk to you. I've heard of you - what happened to you and your family" I feel your face turn sour at the mention and you ask "What do you want?" if this goddess is trying to use my dead father to manipulate me, i'll kill her on the spot. "I'm sorry, i didn't mean to offend you, i think we can help each other. I want to end this war"

That's one hell of a statement, how does she expect to achieve that on her own? "And how would i be able to help with that?" i ask, but i can't deny i am quite interested in whatever she has to say. "At the moment the power between Stigma and the Demon Clan is even, the war will never end this way, its just brutal killing with no end in sight. We need to find a way to end this war peacefully!"

"I agree. But i don't see any way that could happen" i say reminding myself that it's better to be realistic. The goddess replies "That's how everyone feels, we just need a few people to make it happen"

I stand there for what feels like forever considering, but i can only come up with one response "I'll help you."

"Thank you, so much. You have no idea how much that means to me. Meet me in Heaven's Theater when you're ready, i'll be waiting." she says smiling profusely which i can help but find infectious.

Eventually, Meliodas and the other commandments return and you all head back to the demon realm. But Meliodas seems to suspect something is different, in all fairness, i was not hiding my excitement well.

I struggled to find my opportunity to escape, with Meliodas being suspicious, he barely took his eyes off me. "Meliodas? You know i do need some alone time, right?" i say glancing over at him from where i'm laying the wrong way around on my bed, he pouts before responding "Don't you want to have some alone time with me?"

"I- You know what i meant." i reply. "Maybe, maybe i don't" he replies as he walk over and and leans over me "You'll have to be clearer" Then he moves even closer... I'm too shocked for a moment i can't think, but my lips react on there own clashing against Meliodas'. When i finally react, i push myself onto my elbows to push further into the kiss as it gets more intense. Eventually, Meliodas pulls away but still stays close and i can't help but look at him expectantly, but he just says "Going to tell me what you're up to yet?" with a huge smug smile on his face. I can feel my eyes roll as i fall back onto the bed "I'm not up to-"

I'm cut off when i feel Meliodas' lips gently touch my neck, i relax into it at first but his kisses gradually get more aggressive i reach my hand to the back of his head and run my fingers through his hair and arch my back. When he pulls back i can't help but let out a disappointed moan.

"So now you'll tell me?" he says his smile somehow bigger than before. "Meliodas, it's nothing!" i say knowing he won't believe it. "If you don't tell me i won't let you go" he says and i realise he must've caught me trying to leave before, so that's why he's been staying around me. "I told someone i'd meet them" i say being as vague as possible. His eyebrows furrow and his face looks slightly angry "Who are you going to see?", i can't tell him i'm going to see a Goddess he'd think it's a trap but i don't know what to tell him... "An old friend" i reply trying to sound as convincing as i can. As if that wasn't the oldest trick in the book.

"Yeah, then why would you try to keep it a secret?" he asks, i have no fucking idea. Stop asking me questions. "Because... We, um, used to date" well, that was such a weird thing to make up. Now i'm stuck with it. His face gets visibly more upset as he says "No" and pushes himself of the bed so he's not leaning over you anymore, i can't help but be surprised by his sudden change in tone. "You know i don't need your permission right?" as i sit up to face him.

"No" he repeats again and i just shake my head before replying "It's really not up to you" as i get up from the bed and start walking to the door. I'm literally getting annoyed by someone telling me i can't go see my fake boyfriend, what has happened to my life... But, predictably, Meliodas steps in between you and the door and says "No, you're mine!" as he picks you up by your waist and throws you over his shoulder.

For a second, i'm too flustered by what he said to respond but eventually i reply "I'm definitely not". But he ignores you, and throws you back onto the bed. "For fuck's sake! Meliodas! Fine, it's not an old boyfriend, but i really need to go."

He looks at you for a second before responding "It's for the best it wasn't an old boyfriend, it wouldn't look good you showing up with marks all over your neck", "What?!" i yell at him before groaning but i realise the outfit i'm wearing should cover them up.

Before leaving, i quickly wrap my arms around his neck and kiss his cheek before walking out the door.