Chapter 1 : Introduction

"One, two , three..... This is to new beginnings to a new and great Lagos a new chapter has been opened in the history of this great State" The newly elected Governor of Lagos State Doctor Kayode Akinyele of Greater Nigeria Party (GNP). He just won the recently concluded Gubernatorial election in Lagos(Nigeria's largest city, sprawls inland from the Gulf of Guinea across Lagos Lagoon. Victoria Island, the financial center of the metropolis, is known for its beach resorts, boutiques and nightlife. To the north, Lagos Island is home to the National Museum Lagos, displaying cultural artifacts and craftworks. Nearby is Freedom Park, once a colonial-era prison and now a major venue for concerts and public events).
He just held his first press conference in his inauguration ceremony as the governor of the state. After weeks of never ending campaigns, sharing of goods and money to the masses he finally bagged the position he hoped for. Rewind to 3 years ago, Kayode would never have believed if he was told he would become the governor of a state talkmore of Lagos, he had never been into politics, none of his siblings or cousins were politicians, neither his parents nor uncles were politicians so how did he end up here? One call! Just a call made him hop into politics. Kayode has always been known as a bright man. Born and bred in Lagos, finished his primary and secondary school in Lagos graduated from the University of Lagos were he bagged a MBBS. in Medicine before heading to the University of Oxford, United Kingdom to finish his Masters degree. After completing his education, Kayode was lucky enough to get a Job at a gov't owned hospital were he was the Senior Consultant. He got married to his wife Ann Hillgate a halfcast, her mum is a Nigerian and her dad is British, she was a solicitor in Manchester. They got along quite easily and tied the knott in a church wedding. Kayode was already from a rich family as both his parents were legal practitioners and his siblings were also successful in their lines of work. In five years of working with the hospital, Kayode already had over two million pounds making him one of the most sort after consultants in the United Kingdom. He appeared on every top magazine, he received visits from top notch citizens both in Nigeria and from other Nations. He was known as the celebrity consultant. He was also a philanthropist helping Africans in the United Kingdom have a stable income. He was a staunch Catholic who never missed a mass and had a good relationship with the priests. In these past years his wife never took in but it didn't worry the couple as they lived a good life and had faith.
In Lagos state, Nigeria it was two years to the gubernatorial election and the Greater Nigeria Party(GNP) wanted to overthrow the ruling Alliance for Remarkable Success (ARS) at all cost. Like other political parties, their main aim was to get political power but they had no competent candidate who could stand toe to toe with Chief F. L Oyebade the current Governor of Lagos State. Financially none of their candidates could compete with him, none was as influential as him and none was as educated as he was. This had given the party chairman Alhaji Magari Zanguza sleepless nights. He had a list of candidates he would approach to run for governorship post on the platform of the GNP. A list of 5 names.

The first on the list was Alhaji Akintola Lamidi a former Vice President of Nigeria. Well known for character and composure. A gentleman who smiled at the least opportunity. A good candidate but the problem was convincing him as he didn't seem interested in returning to politics.

Second on the list was Mrs Ibukun Ogunjombi a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) a very controversial woman who was always getting in messy situations all the time but she had a large fanbase. This could be a good time to pull out gender equality based theme and make her the first female governor of the state

Third was Senator Temidayo Abiola. Well known for his regularly visits to court as he was charged with bribery and corruption by the Anti-Government Theft Agency (AGTC) it was said that the senator looted over Three hundred million naira allocated to his senatorial district but like Ibukun, he had a large number of faithfuls