CHAPTER 25

CAIDEN FULTON

My gorgeous girl.

She sits across from me, unaware of the staring eyes, captivated by her beauty. Even if she did notice the eyes she doesn't make it known, instead she spends her time watching me, listening to me, talking to me, doing such with the most beautiful, genuine smile in existence.

I'm the luckiest man in the world.

Even as we make our way out of the restaurant and back to the car, her smile is directed upwards towards me. I tighten my hold on her hand before lifting it up to my mouth, pressing a kiss to it. I can't stop myself from glancing at her ring finger.

Bare...but hopefully not for long.

"Here you go, ma'am" I pull the passenger door open, stepping aside as I wait for her to climb in. She curtsies before me, dipping her head towards the ground.

"Thank you, sir" She replies, laying her palm flat on my chest, it sliding off as she hops into the car. Shutting the car door, I turn around allowing myself to take a deep breath, preparing myself for what we're going home to. I quickly make my way to my side, hopping in and wasting no time in driving home. My hand remains locked with hers in her lap the whole ride home.

"Are you alright, handsome?" Turning my head I'm met with the most beautiful hazel eyes that manage to take my breath away every time I'm blessed with them directed my way. I fought the urge to pull over right now and pop the big question. I've wanted to do this since we were kids, I can wait 10 more minutes...maybe.

"When I'm with you?" I began, lifting her hand back to my mouth. "Always".

She grinned like a kid, turning her head away so I wouldn't see the heat rising to her cheeks. Letting go of her hand I raised my hand up, cupping her jaw and turning her head back in my direction. A laugh made its way out my mouth at her tightly closed eyes.

"Look at me, gorgeous" She grunted, shaking her head from side to side. Rolling up to a red light, I put the car in park before turning to fully face her. Grasping her face between both of my hands I leant forward, brushing my lips against hers so lightly a whine escaped her beautiful mouth.

"Darling, open those beautiful big eyes for me" It took a moment but eventually she opened a single eye, peering at me. The longer I stared, the wider my smile grew. She opened her other eye, staring right back at me. Her eyes bounced between mine, her tongue darting out to dampen her lips. My eyes shot down to her mouth, the green reflection from the traffic light making her lips shine.

"The lights green" She mumbled, watching me through her eyelashes. Everything about her made me weak. Her smile, her voice, her eyes, the way she fidgets with her finger when she's nervous, the way she bites her lip when she's waiting for me to respond. The way she breathes. The way she lets me love her. The way she lets herself love me.

"I love you so...so much" I whispered, leaning forward and resting my forehead against hers. Don't ask yet. Wait. Tilting her head to the side she allowed her lips to touch mine, her hot, minty breath fanning against my face.

"I never get tired of hearing you say that" She sighed, her mouth pulling into a peaceful smile. She was going to continue to torture me by letting our lips brush but not connect.

"I never get tired of saying it" I replied, my finger trailing up her arm, her neck, until I grasped her chin between my thumb and index finger.

"Never?" She asked as I tilted her head back, my mouth above hers. I shook my head, our noses gazing.

"Never have, never will" Before I could finally relieve myself of the pain I've felt not having yet kissed her, the driver behind us beeped their horn in three long annoying queues. Ella huffed, turning her head away from me as she quickly rolled down the window before sticking half her body out of the car. I darted forward, grasping her hips when it looked like she was about to fall out of the window.