Introduction

sasukes POV*

I threw the kuni at the targets and hit them all. It brought a smile to my face and I turned to share my joy with big brother Itachi. He didn't act overly excited just nodded and tussled my hair playfully.

"Again, big brother."

I think that's enough for today,Sasuke."

"No, I won't stop until I'm as strong as you are big brother. Again!"

Itachi bent down beside me and poked my forehead as he always did. Signifying that I lose and he wins an argument. I huffed a bit at this but ended up just laughing. A second later I heard a branch snap. I immediately took out another kuni and readied myself for an attack but Itachi just laughed at me.

"I don't think this is a threat Sasuke. Come on out we already know you're there."

A small girl around my age came from behind the bushes. She had unique pink colored hair and huge green eyes. She had tears rolling down her cheeks and it didn't take long for me to find the small scar on her knee leaking a little blood. Itachi tried to calm the girl enough to speak.

"It's okay, What happened?"

"I-I was picking f-flowers for m-my mommy b-but then I-I got l-lost and t-then I f-fell and s-scraped my knee."

Big brother cleaned and wrapped her wound and tried to get some more information from her.

"That looks better. What's your name? We will try to get you back to your home."

"I-I'm Sakura Haruno."

"I'm Itachi Uchiha, this is my brother Sasuke."

Big brother motioned to me but I stayed mostly hidden behind him.

"A-are you guys ninja's?"

This is where I stepped in.

"Big brother is. I'm going to start attending academy this year."

"M-me too."

"You better start learning to be more careful then."

The girl looked down a bit embarrassed.

"Sasuke! That's no way to treat a lady. You never know she could be future Anbu or Hokage some day."

Sakura smiled at Itachi when he said this.

"Y-you really think so?"

"Absolutely. Now let's take you back to the village so you can get home."

"Thank you."

We all started walking back towards the village. Along the way I noticed the girl kept fumbling and almost tripping over nothing. How can someone so clumsy be a ninja? As we approached the village we seen a woman running around frantically. Itachi ran a bit ahead of us calming  her down and letting her know we had found Sakura. I stayed behind watching Sakura. But even then she slipped again and began to cry after falling. I took her hand and helped her up.

"Ninja aren't supposed to cry you know and pretty girls aren't supposed to either."

She wiped her tears away and blushed slightly. She dug in the bag she was carrying putting something in my hand and then kissed my cheek before running towards her mom.

On the way home I finally looked at what she had handed me it was a purple flower. Itachi seen me looking at it and laughed a bit.

"What?"

"I think she has a crush on you."

"No way! It's just a flower."

"It's a sumire (Japanese Violet) they at a thank-you gift that express sincerity and love."

I blushed a bit and ran the rest of the way home. I put it in a drawer in my room at the house and often looked at it to remind me of the pretty girl with pink hair.