Chapter 8

~Dream Sequence~
Her lips are so soft. They felt nice against mine and on my hot skin. We had made it to my hotel room and now, clothes are coming off as the desire grew. I could write a book about her. (Casually breaks the fourth wall XD.) I know what I'm doing is wrong. I can feel it with every fiber in my body and yet, I still want this. There's something about this encounter that excites me. The thrill of the moment is almost too much. Almost.

What if we get caught? What if Griffin finds out? He can't know about this. But then again, why do I get butterflies as her hot gaze raked over my now naked body? Why does the idea of getting caught excite me?

I need her to touch me. I need her to kiss me. "Take a picture, it'll last longer." Her giggles filled the room, making my heart skip a beat. "Are you gonna finish what you started?"

"I intent to." She pushed me onto the bed and crawled on top of me. I pulled her to me for a kiss, but wasn't prepared for her to push her knee in between my legs. "Just you wait. I'll pleasure you better than he ever could."
~End Dream~

I woke up and gasped for air. I'm covered in sweat and my heart is racing. Remi is already awake. They came to my bed and sat down, obviously checking on me. "Hey, are you ok?"

"Yeah, just a bad dream. I'm ok, I promise."

"I call bullshotay, but I won't push it." I leaned against Remi and relaxed as I felt them give me head pats for reassurance.

****

It's the end of the night. Everyone is either getting ready to leave or planning on going to a bar or restaurant. I never get invited to these things. I'd rather keep to myself. I don't think anyone except for Remi Becky, and Seth would invite me out.

Speaking of Remi, they are approaching me with a big grin. "I hope you're hungry, because we just got invited to dinner."

"I'd rather not go, Rem. I just wanna go to bed." I buttoned up my flannel and put my coat on over it.

"Come on, Blake. You need to put yourself out there and make more friends. You can't isolate and self sabotage forever. It's not healthy, dude." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Well, that's just how it is, Remi. Let me ask you a question. Is Liv going?" I'd rather avoid Liv at all costs. The last thing I want is to be in the same room with her for more than five minutes. That is, unless we're in a match. That's the only exception.

"It doesn't matter if she is. Suck it up and deal with it for one night. What if Skylar was here and begging for you to go. Would you tell her no?" I paused my actions and closed my eyes.

"Thats not fair." I could already hear Skylar begging me to go. I let out a defeated sigh. "Fine, I'll go. Just this once."

****

I was right, Liv came to dinner. At least it wasn't just her. Rhea, Becky, Seth, Riddle, Finn, Nikki, Montez, and Bianca came too. I found myself sitting between Finn and Bianca. Rhea and Nikki are sitting across from me.

Surprisingly, I'm finding it easy to talk to Rhea and Finn. I'm still getting used to Bianca and Nikki, but they're nice people. Everyone is easy to talk to. I'm just now finding this out.

Rhea and I are bonding over our fur babies. The four people in my immediate area all asked about my daughter. "She's fourteen, going on fifteen. Her birthday is in a few weeks, actually."

"Wait, fourteen?" Bianca asked. Her and the others looked confused.

"I adopted her two years ago. It will be three years on her birthday. Best present I could have ever given her was adopting her." I pulled up a picture of Skylar with Dante and Salem.

"Aww, she's adorable." Bianca commented and handed my phone to Finn. He looked and passed it to Nikki. Nikki did the same and handed it to Rhea. Rhea gave me my phone back.

"I bet your parents are thrilled to have a grandkid." Rhea smiled and nudged me.

Becky, Seth, and Remi stopped their conversation and looked at me to see if I'm OK. "Blake, you don't have to answer if you're not comfortable." Seth said to me.

"I'm alright, Seth." I cleared my throat. "My parents don't know she exists. I was disowned and kicked out at eighteen because I told them I'm bisexual. I figured it doesn't matter. If they truly cared, they'd have accepted me and would have fought to stay in my life. So, if they don't want me, then they won't know I have a child."

"Period!" Bianca said and wrapped an arm around me. "You don't need that toxicity in your life, Blake."

"Yeah, I know. I had moved in with Remi temporarily until I could afford my own place. After I joined WWE, I asked Becky to mentor me and to help me. After while, her and Seth unofficially adopted me. I don't see them as parents, more like older siblings." Becky and I smiled at each other. "Love you guys!"

"Love you!" Becky responded.

Seth made a heart with his hands. "Love you too, kid!"

"Well, guess what, Blake?" I turned my attention to Finn. "Now you have more family. Everyone at this table is your family now."

Rhea tapped my arm. "Yeah, dude. If you need anything, just ask. We got your back." That's a comforting thought.

"Thanks, guys." A smile made its way onto my face. I glanced around the table. My eyes momentarily locked with Liv's. I looked away just as quickly.

Oh, now that I'm thinking about it, I really need to start planning Skylar's birthday party. I've got most of her presents, I've ordered a cake, and I know I'm gonna order a pizza. All I need to do is get an invitation list from her. Probably the same as every other year. Remi, their boyfriend Nate, their son Archer, Marg, and I'm also assuming Ally.