six

Mom :Sorry Vaughn I couldn't giveyour lunch personally, but Ileft it by the guards at thefront gate, it's your favorite!

Mom :
Sorry Vaughn I couldn't give
your lunch personally, but I
left it by the guards at the
front gate, it's your favorite!

Lunch is the 40 minute break the 17 year old puts his mind off books and jotting down thick lesson notes. His mom's cooking is a breath of fresh air from the suffocating school requirements and duties. She's a busy woman but when it comes to her kids; she does anything she can.

Vaughn paced to the main gate dying in hunger. He left the house without eating breakfast. He let recess pass without eating a snack. The last food he consumed, was last night. His eyes wrinkled seeing a figure arguing with a guard.

"Come on i'm a student here i just forgot my I'D"Her voice. Its familiar to him. Vaughn walked nearer and his assumption was right. It's her again. There she is begging the guard to let her in.

"No I'd no entry it's basic school etiquette, I'm sorry Ivey"The guard didn't get persuaded with her begging. He chewed on his gum and ignored her.

"And besides aren't you too late for school? It's already lunch kid"He has a point. Only three more classes before school's done.