1 ⋆ ✭ 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐇𝐞 𝐊𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐈𝐭 ✭ ⋆

His Bliss - ▶︎ Playing 00:01 -⬤──────────── 00:25

00:01 -──────────── 00:25

Present Day (11 Years Forward)

Maurice walked down the crowded corridor, gripping the strap of his gray backpack.

It was the first day of senior year, so today was important to him. It was the beginning of the end, and he wanted to leave this school with a good impression.

His tall body stood out as he walked towards his homeroom, muscles hidden beneath the uniform of his navy blue sweater.

The first bell had just rung and he wanted to be on time.

He paid no mind to the few eyes that looked him up and down every once in a while, keeping his eyes ahead of him.

He was an attractive guy.

And he knew it.

With his thick brows, naturally shaped so perfectly around the lids of his eyes. His plump, cerise lips, and oh, those seaweed green eyes from his mother; Maurice had everything.

And his silky, neck-length black curls that laid sensitively behind his ears, his middle part flawlessly curved out. Then those freckles he had, scattered lightly across his face, and chiseled jawline that added on to his gawking cheekbones; Maurice was everything.

He had even gotten his ears pierced a year back, to wear these small silver-hoop earrings, that beautifully complimented his exclusive features; Maurice possessed everything.

He was an attractive guy.

And he knew it.

He kept his eyes focused in front of him, turning the corner of the hallway.

He was always careful and aware of those who stood around him. Yet at the same time, he never paid much attention to the people.

But, a chestnut-skinned beauty caught the attention of his eye, captivating his green gaze.

He wasn't sure what it was about her that caused her to stand out. Whether it be the fact that she was slim and slightly taller than most of the girls at the academy, or the fact that she looked a little lost, a bit confused.

Whatever matter it was, Maurice couldn't keep his eyes off of her.

His heart accelerated in a way it had never before, blood rushing around his veins as he got closer towards her.

Getting a better look of her, he let his eyes gingerly scan her features.

He took in the beautiful pattern of her medium braids that were twisted down to just below her underarm, half of them held up by a mere plastic claw. The small hairs at the front of her scalp were swooped neatly into individual braids, her brown skin shining with galore. Her jaw was strong, her brown eyes prominent due to her long, curled lashes.

He glanced at the french tips of her nails as she momentarily brushed her fingers against her thick brows, wrapping them back around the one-inch binder in her hands.

His eyes grazed over the simple, gold bracelets around her wrists, with small hoops encircling each other. But, one bracelet in particular stood out, being a beaded one with words he couldn't read on them.

History was his favorite subject in school, but he could not determine the meaning of this bracelet in particular.

Maurice loved bracelets. He even wore a few beaded ones himself, but his didn't have anything to do with his background, and they weren't spiritual to him either. They really had no significance behind them; he just liked bracelets in general.

His eyes moved up to her lips, full and luscious. Her bottom lip a dark pink, the top one a few shades darker.

He carefully watched as she rubbed her glossy lips together, their eyes briefly catching.

And just for a second, she admires his appearance while he does the same.

He slips his tongue between the teeth of his closed mouth, dreamily holding her view.

Her lips pull politely, sending him a small smile, causing his stomach to feel like he was being tickled by dozens of feathers.

And like an idiot, he didn't smile back.

He just stared.

Her stretched lips slightly fell, and just as quick as they locked eyes, she broke the contact, simply walking past him.

He always promised himself to never be that guy, but he couldn't help but to turn his head in her direction, her coconut-scented perfume filling up his nostrils as she breezed passed.

His feet slowed like a train arriving to its destination, his eyes stuck on the white skirt that hugged her small waist as her long, bare legs glowed with each step she took away from him.

Gorgeous, he thought.

"Excuse me?" The person who walked behind him said.

Realizing he was obviously staring at her descending figure, he let his eyes leave the unidentified girl, shifting down to the blond-headed person speaking behind him.

"Oh, sorry." He muttered an apology to the blonde, moving closer to the lockers that lined the wall, allowing the blonde to walk around him.

Maurice took one last longing look at the mysterious girl who was about to turn a corner, before he whipped his head back in front of him, picking up his pace.

He hoped to god nobody saw his previous actions.

Actions of checking out that eyeful.

And as he looked around, nobody seemed to have cared or looked at him like he was some type of creep.

All there was were a few curious eyes, mostly coming from his female peers, and that one blonde who now walked ahead of him.

As once stated before, he was an attractive guy.

And he knew it.

Hey guys! How was the first chapter?

My goal for this book is to have an interaction between the two main characters every chapter, because I know how annoying it is to spend your time reading a chapter, and it doesn't have anything to do with the main characters being together.

Also, please let me know if there are any grammatical mistakes, or words I could use to make my writing sound better, because I'd really like that! Trust me, any critics you have to say about my grammar will not hurt me. Criticism about the plot of my story might, but I'm open to listening. I'm very stubborn and most of the time, feel like I'm in the right, but not in an ignorant type of way; I just always tend to trust/favor my judgement.

Just let me know if there is anything wrong with my grammar, please.

VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW.

Date Started: 05/01/2022
Date Finished: 05/15/2022
Date Published: 07/28/2022
Last Edited: 05/08/2023