13 ⋆ ✭ 𝐈'𝐝 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 ✭ ⋆

His Bliss - ▶︎ Playing00:13 ───────⬤─────── 00:25

00:13 ────────────── 00:25

Maurice smiled as his eyes connected with Brielle's.

Today was Friday.

Also, Halloween.

Immediately, Brielle started to quietly laugh, advancing towards her seat beside him.

Maurice's eyes wandered across her face, looking over the plastic, pink snout clinging over her nose, small pig ears attached to a headband which held her curls away from her face.

Brielle continued to grin, a breath escaping her as she looked over Maurice's appearance, slipping her book bag off of her shoulders.

Likewise, Maurice's smile remained, "It's all I had." He defended, pearly teeth on show, a pencil twirling between his fingers.

"You really couldn't find anything else?" Brielle gently questioned, standing beside him as she reached over his head, picking up the cardboard crown he wore, his neck-length hair carrying up with the round accessory, before quickly falling back down as Brielle brought the crown closer towards her figure for inspection.

Maurice sucked in a breath at their proximity, his hand running through his loose curls to fix them, "I know. It's fucking lame." He smiled, Brielle graciously beaming as her coconut fragrance skated up his nose.

She gently set the cardboard crown back on his head, "Yeah. It is." She agreed, Maurice eyeing her as she adjusted it.

His teeth gently buried into his lower lip, Brielle glancing down from his crown to meet his gaze.

While her smile remained, her lips closed the gap displaying her teeth as she backed away from his seated frame.

Her eyes departed from his, her body turning to face her seat while she unzipped her coat, sliding her arms out of the sleeves before setting it over the head of her chair, Maurice's gaze burning into her.

"Do you want to sit with me at lunch today?" Maurice requested, Brielle's back to his side.

She slid into her seat, "Sure, but I might have to go in for math." Her head shifted to face him, "I'm a bit confused." She added, her hands folding on top of her desk, legs overlapping.

"I could help you during lunch?" He offered, lightly sucking in his cheeks.

Brielle gently smiled.

"Your help isn't the same as a teacher's help." She expressed, her fingers slowly playing around with each other, Maurice's setting the pencil in his grasp flat against his desk.

"I can help you right now." He politely pushed, his arms crossing over his chest as he leaned back into his seat.

Brielle looked him over, before speaking, "I don't know if I'll understand." She softly voiced, the first morning bell ringing, signaling the start of homeroom.