2 ⋆ ✭ 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐏𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐥 ✭ ⋆

His Bliss - ▶︎ Playing 00:02 —⬤──────────── 00:25

00:02 —──────────── 00:25

Maurice was looking for room two-hundred-twenty-three, and after getting a few directions from the staff around the school, he finally found his homeroom.

He walked in, half the classroom already full, recognizing a few of the students sitting in desks.

He looked at the electrical board to see if there was a seating chart. And to his relief, there were only words typed on the board that read, Happy First Day, and a few images with celebration symbols.

A few students in the class glanced Maurice's way, before turning back to talk amongst their peers.

Maurice tore his eyes from the board, scanning the room for a seat that he wanted.

He didn't have a hatred for sitting in the front, but he preferred to sit in the back, because he liked the fact that he had a view of everyone in the room, while nobody could see him besides the teacher, unless they turned around.

Finding a seat in the back, Maurice took long strides over to it, before setting his book bag on the ground, and slipping into his desk.

He sighed, pulling out his phone from the front of his navy-blue trousers, unlocking the device, and scrolling through his notifications.

Maurice had dozens.

As he replied to text messages from family members congratulating him on his first day and a group chat with his friends, floods of students walked inside.

He heard somebody settle down on the right of him, and out of curiosity, Maurice turned to look.

It was a boy.

One that he didn't know.

Nor did he care enough to get to know.

Before Maurice could get back to his phone, the warning bell rang, and in came an overwhelming amount of students.

Everybody quickly took a seat, the seat to the left of him surprisingly left open.

Just as everybody got situated, a familiar figure walked inside right at the last bell.

His heart dropped.

Maurice let his eyes run over her, while she walked with grace. Her plats that cascaded down her shoulders bounced as she walked over to where the homeroom teacher was seated, still clutching on to her binder.

He watched as they exchanged inaudible words, wishing he could hear the sweet melody of her voice, before she suddenly turned away from the teacher, walking over to what he had realized was the only empty seat left in the entire room.

His heart accelerated in the way it had earlier, his eyes discreetly following her around the room.

He pulled his gaze from her, instead listening in as she settled down in the seat to the left of him, hearing her drop her bag to the ground, something smacking against the wood of her desk.