oh babe you're screwed

"i didn't expect to see you here" sam stated with a small smirk.

eleanor was still looking at her in complete shock. her airport crush was her mother's star striker? god, she looked even hotter now than she did then.

the aussie's brown hair was once again pulled back into a low ponytail, her tanned complexion tinted slightly red from training. the black, short shorts she was wearing displayed the tone and muscle in her legs.

"uh, yeah, i didn't expect to see you here either" eleanor replied, quite stupidly.

sam raised an eyebrow. "you didn't know who i was?"

awkward. "sorry, i uh, i haven't followed the women's footy for quite a while. plus i'm an arsenal fan so, you know, don't take it personally i'm sure you're great."

the striker let out a small laugh before removing her shoes and sitting up on the bed. "everyone else seems to think so"

ella rolled her eyes, "my mother does"

"your mother?" sam questioned. "who is your mother?"

here we go, she thought. "your manager" eleanor deadpanned. sam's eyes went wide.

"no shit! you're the daughter?"

"one of them" she replied.

"sick" the aussie exclaimed. she studied eleanor's features, comparing them with that of her boss. her eyes, the blue of every dancing sky, infinite hues illuminated by newborn light. her hair, light brown woven with strands of gold. she looked even better than she had that day in the airport bathroom. sam hadn't forgotten her. she noticed every feature of the girls face, but what she failed to notice was the redness that grew on her cheeks when she realised she was being stared at.

eleanor's sweet voice snapped her back into reality. "shall we start?"

sam nodded, pulling her training shirt over her head, leaving her in just a nike training bra. eleanor's eyes grew wide as they scanned over the girl's wonderfully toned stomach. the aussie noticed, but simply smirked and laid face down on the bed.

ella squeezed out some lotion onto her hands and rubbed them together before moving towards sam. as soon as her hands made contact with the girl's back, electricity shot up her arms and coursed through her veins.

she made her way all over sam's back, applying pressure in tense areas. frequent grunts of satisfaction let her know she was doing okay. the rest of the session was spent in complete silence, but not an awkward one. it was the most comfortable silence eleanor had ever had, which was weird considering she previously lived alone.

a knock at the door a little while later pulled her out of her thoughts.

"hey it's jessie!" came the shout of a canadian accent. sam pushed herself up off of the bed and retrieved her shirt from the side, pulling it over her head.

"just a second!" eleanor replied. "how was that? everything okay for you?"

"perfect" sam stated with a smile.

just as she was making her way towards the door, she stopped, turning back. "hey you didn't tell me your name"

"eleanor" she responded with a smile, "but you can just call me ella"

sam thought on it. "eleanor, huh" she paused. "pretty name"

with that, she was out of the door.

------

"you're gonna be on the physio team for tomorrow's game against arsenal, does that work for you?" james questioned as he walked himself and eleanor out of the training centre.