Chapter 1

DOES A PERSON THROW

DOES A PERSON THROW... herself into fire knowing that she will burn in the end... I did I walked into the middle of the fire knowing that I will turn into ashes.

Rubbing his head my papà banged his fist on the stained wooden desk Cazzo!
I ducked farther into the shallows behind the rusted spot just big enough for one person I hid here often when I wanted to hear what was going on in my papà office.

WHEN I WAS... nine years old I was snooping around my papà office like I usually do he warned me not to but I was never an obedient child like my sister Avery she was older than me and did everything papà told her although he never really acknowledged her presences.

Iris" I don't think it is a good idea to be snooping around papà office he told us not to," Avery shhh said looking over at her.

You have less than 5 minutes to tell me why you decided to betray me you fucker what did that fucker Ares offer you that I COULDN'T he- BOOM! the sound of the gun echoed throw the room the body of the men hit the floor with a thud.

The red crimson blood made a puddle around the men's body' clean this up papà said stepping over the body and wiping the splattered blood off his face.

Iris let's go now Avery said shaking my shoulders, "did you see that papà killed that man I said" let's go now.
Iris's papà is going to be mad if he catches us here, "okay okay I said leaving the spot".

PRESENT DAY... I held my breath watching the tv closely hoping that Elle and Noah would kiss YES! Jumping up and down me and Avery continued to watch the movie in silence we'd watched the movie Kissing Booth a thousand times but we loved watching it over and over again it brought us comfort.

Avery get up you look unlady mom complained "Iris is rubbing her horrible manner on you" I rolled my eyes and got up from the bed as the movie ended I was used to mom being judgy towards me.

Today is Avery's 20th birthday and she was going to stay in the house and watch movies with me but I guess that plan was out the window, as mom made Avery put on the brightest white dress.

"Avery" papà deep voice boomed up the stairs.

I had a bad feeling and I could tell Avery felt the same as she walked toward his office.

It was time papà was going to marry Avery off I could feel it' opening the big tall oak doors there he was all too familiar Ares Salvatore my dad sworn enemy next to him was a grey-haired man Volk Salvatore his papà!

The Salvatore's, name was all too familiar I heard my papà speak on the 16-year-old who had his own men and would kill in an instant. Can we get this over with I'm a very busy man you know Volk said blowing out the smoke from his cig.

I stood in the distance watching my papà sign my sister away to the devil himself  Ares looked over at my sister and looked away just as quickly as he looked,  he looked at her as if she was a piece of trash he walked over he didn't give her a second glance "Avery was beautiful with her long legs that went on her long curly blonde hair and ice blue eyes" my blood was boiling every inch of my body wanted to tell Ares to fuck himself.

Who's this young lady Volk said walking towards me till he was standing right in front of me he was so close that the smoke from his cig blew on my face making me step back.

Get away from her Volk she's not in the deal my papà said as his chest tighten up, fine you don't have to get so hostile Volk said backing away" maybe we could add her to the contract for me Volk said winking at me.

keep her out of this "papà said pointing his gun toward Volk".
As quick as my papà pointed his gun Ares had his out, BOOM...
papà...  are you, okay," I'm fine he said holding his shoulder the bullet just scratched me you shot my papà you
LO FACCIO... watch who you're talking to Bellissima I won't hesitate to shoot you next
I hated Ares with every bone in my body he was showing me why my papà hated the Salvatores so much and I was beginning to realize why I did too.

 watch who you're talking to Bellissima I won't hesitate to shoot you next I hated Ares with every bone in my body he was showing me why my papà hated the Salvatores so much and I was beginning to realize why I did too

Cazzo! just sign the contract and get the fuck out of my house change of plans I want IRIS! hand in marriage instead
"I lied I didn't want her hand in marriage technically I wanted revenge.

Alonzo flared up when my father got next to her I could tell she was his weakness and I was going to marry her and break her and that was going to break Alonzo he was going to live miserable his whole life watching his daughter have to pay off his debt he was going to break knowing he got his only pride and joy in this situation"

No that wasn't the deal you won't marry her over my dead body! "that can be arranged!
I can't let you take her well I guess we'll have to no- there's no need for anyone to have to get hurt over me I will marry him, Iris said with venom in her voice she looked at me with hatred in her eyes but I could care less I felt the same way towards her this was all going to work out PERFETTO.

YOU WON'T MARRY HIM YOU WILL DO AS I SAY. then it's settled I'll take Iris's hand in marriage
the engagement party will happen tomorrow everything will be prepared don't try anything stupid Bellissima I won't hesitate to kill you or your father "Alonzo come we have to get you wounded up, a fragile old lady said walking Alonzo towards a different room'.

WRITER NOTE- I don't know if I like this chapter yet but I'll keep it for now.