Chapter-5

Be a warrior not a worrier.
______________________________________
Malhotra Mansion,

Nandani and Manik both reached at the same time. Both smiled and greeted each other.

Man:- Hi Nandani

Nan:- Hey Manik.

Man:- Come let's go inside everyone is waiting.

They both went inside and saw everyone talking to each other. Karan saw them.

Kar:- You both were together?

Nan :- No bhai

Kar:- Then how you came together?

Man:- We both reached here at the same time.

  They all chit chatted for sometime and then moved towards the dinning table. They all were having dinner when Nandani's phone rang.

Nan:- Sorry, I have to take this call, it's from the hospital.

  She went out and others continued with their dinner.

After sometime they saw her coming inside hurriedly.

Nan:- Mom-Dad I am so sorry but I will have to go to the hospital. It's an emergency case.

Raj:- No need to be sorry princess.

Nyo:- Bacha what about your dinner?

Nan:- Mom right now someone's life is more important than me having dinner.

Man:- Nandani wait I will drop you.

Nan:- No Manik you have your dinner I will leave.

Man:- I am done with my dinner so I am coming.

Nan:- Ok. Bye Mom- Dad will meet you tomorrow.

  They both left. As soon as the car stopped, Nandani opened the door and ran inside. Manik parked the car and asked the receptionist the way to Nandu's cabin. He went to her cabin and sat on the couch. He didn't realise when he dozed off waiting for her. She came to her cabin after two hours and saw him sleeping on the couch. She gently woke him up.

Nan:- Manik you could have left na.

Man:- Then how you would have gone home?

Nan:- I would have called Karan bhai.

Man:- It's ok. How was the surgery?

  She looked away, he noticed her eyes were moist.

Man:- Nandani what happened?

    He was worried as he saw tears in her eyes.

Nan:- Nothing let's leave.

Man:- Are you going to tell me what happened?

Nan(sighing):- Fine, but not here let's go somewhere else.

      They both left the hospital and decided to go to Marine drive.
On the way, Manik was stealing her glances as she was looking out but a tear or two would escape out from the corner of her eyes. They reached there and settled beside each other.

Nan:- Manik, today I performed the surgery of someone's sister whom I never wished to see ever again in my life.

Man:- Who is it?

Nan:- Madhyam Singhania.

Man:- Who is he and how is he related to you?

Nan:- 5 years before we were in a relationship. He was not what he showed to the world. Everyone thought that he is a nice person but he wasn't. He is the reason our group fall out, Yaari broke. Abhimanyu and Aryaman left to New York. I was not able to handle the guilt. Then one day he tried to harass me but Karan bhai reached there on time and saved me.

   She said and burst out into tears. Manik also had tears in his eyes hearing this. He side hugged her and kissed her forehead.

Man:- Shh... Calm down Nandani. I promise that I will make him regret all this.

   He diverted her mind and after sometime they left to Malhotra Mansion. He couldn't sleep properly as Nandu's crying face would come in front of his eyes everytime he closed his eyes.

Will try to update soon ...
I have just written and published... Couldn't go through... If any grammatical error plz dm me.