Chapter-10

"It's during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light."
-Aristotle
_______________________________________

Murthy Mansion,

All were having lunch recalling the old times. Suddenly Nandani started coughing very badly. Manik immediately started rubbing her back to sooth her. Karan made her drink water but nothing worked. Her eyes turned moist cuz of coughing.

Kar:- Princess what you ate?

Nandani pointed towards the payasam. Karan tasted it.

Kar:- Oh shit! It has cardamom, she is allergic to it.

All were worried as she was coughing alot and was unable to breathe properly. Karan hugged her and was rubbing her back continuously.

Kar:- Krystle get her medicine. It's in the right drawer near the bed.

Krystle rushed to her room and brought the medicine. Karan made her have the medicine. Her coughing stopped but she was looking pale.

Kar:- Princess go and have rest. Manik please take her to the room.

Manik took Nandu to her room and made her lie down. She slept under the effect of medicine. Manik sat beside her caressing her hair. After sometime Karan came inside and saw her sleeping.

Kar:- How is she Manik?

Man:- Karan she is fine don't worry.

Kar:- I am scared to loose her.

Man:- I know buddy, I saw that fear in your eyes.

Kar(broken):- She has been through alot and I wasn't able to do anything.

Karan's eyes turned moist. Manik side hugged him.

Man:- Buddy calm down. We will now make sure that no harm reaches her.

Kar:- She is very lucky to have you as her best friend.

Man:- You are wrong here buddy, I am lucky to have her as my best friend.

Kar:- You need to know about her past.

Man:- I know but I won't force her to tell me about it.

Kar:- Maybe after knowing her past you will leave her.

Man:- No buddy, today I promise you that I won't leave her side no matter what the situation is she will always find me standing beside her.

They both saw her moving in sleep. Manik checked her forehead and found it warm.

Man:- Buddy she has fever.

Kar:- Don't worry Manik the doctor is on her way.

Soon the doctor arrived. She examined her.

Doc:- She is alright now. She may get fever and slight weakness otherwise there is nothing to worry about.

Man:- Thank you doctor.

Doc:- Take care.

She left. Karan also left for office. Manik stayed back with her. He sat on the couch and started working on the laptop. After an hour Nandani woke up. Manik saw that and went to her. He made her sit and gave her water.

Man:- Bacha, you are fine right?

Nan:- I am fine Manik.

Nandu tried getting up but due to weakness she couldn't stand for long she was about to fall when Manik held her.

Man:- Bacha what are you doing? You are weak you need rest.

Nan:- Manik I need to use the washroom.

Man:- Wait I will help.

He supported her till the washroom.

Man:- Call me once you are done.

Nan:- Thank you.

Man:- No need of that you are my best friend and you definitely mean a lot to me.

Manik left. Nandani smiled at his words. She freshened up and moved out . Manik made her sit comfortably with thd cushion behind her back.

Man:- Are you having any pain?

Nan:- No I am fine.

Karan entered the room with her lunch. He kept the plate on the side table and sat beside her kissing her forehead.

Kar:- So how is my princess doing?

Nan:- I am fine bhai. Where are others?

Kar:- I haven't allowed them to come in your room.

Nan:- Bhai what is this behaviour?

Kar:- Just kidding. They all left to work. Even I was in office. I forgot my file so came back and thought to check on you once.

Nan:- Bhai I am fine, you leave or else you will be late for the meeting. Manik even you have your lunch and go you also have a meeting today.

Kar:- I will leave first have your lunch.

He started feeding Nandu.

Man:- Don't worry about the meeting Cabir will handle it and moreover nothing is more important than your health.

Karan left after making her have the medicines. Soon she slept cuz of medicine. Manik sat on the couch with the files.

_____________________________________

Precap:-
Some Manan moments.
Next update:-
12/07/22

Guys it's really very disappointing that the reads are increasing but as compared to that the votes are very less. Plz... Vote if you like the story and comment if possible...
Thank you...