First Performance

The bus provided by the school was surprisingly empty, with only their single class of 20, there was space, enough for Dazai to sit alone in the back, headphones in to drown away the unpleasant excitement shrieking through the bus, including but not limited to the Ginger who's voice rattled above the others as he talked with his actual friends...

Dazai wasn't nervous... he didn't get nervous... he was listening to the song on repeat, looping the movements of his finger over and over without pause... it wasn't nerves, of course not... Dazai didn't get nervous about trivial things like this.

Every bing on his phone was an invitation for Dazai to unlock and hope some sort of text had come through... nothing... Though it had been two hours since he'd sent the last text, informing his mother he was leaving the school, and at least nine since he'd texted her the previous night, there was nothing... not a single response.

It's typical not to even get a response, and when, on the very few occasions she does respond, it tends to be a short apology and a statement of motherly love. He never angers or finds fault with it... she's a recovering woman, both from mental issues and from the addiction to alcohol she developed when she was with his father... Of course, she didn't have too much spare time to spend, even if he was her child and she'd missed his entire childhood.

He wondered if anybody here had that same issue, where those two reserved seats for family would be empty, with no family for support or to see them in their natural element. Still, there was a little hope that he'd see homebody there, even just one person.

Arriving at the place wasn't anything special, he'd been requested to play for fancier outings before... This was nothing compared to some of those places.

Yet...

It was overwhelmingly large now, with the sounds of the crowds gathering from buses, and parents waving or hugging their children as they ran off inside with their group were distant ringings in his ears. Such ringing was covered by the insistent replaying loop of his music.

The ginger, standing off to the side as their teacher checked off things on a clipboard, vaguely noticed Dazai. For a moment, he ignored it, until his thoughts became lightly agitated by Dazai. The way he sat alone, stood alone, looked around as if he were looking for something or somebody.

He may have been shorter than Dazai... far shorter than the overly tall brunette, but he could still reach the headphones. It took him a second to recognize what was playing. "Are you freaking out? You'll make it worse by looping the music through dumb-ass. Aren't you a professional?" Dazai glanced around with a playful smirk, his mind giving him a break as he tilted his head.

"I could have sworn I heard something." He hummed, shrugging as Chuuya drove his foot into Dazai's shin with a hiss.

"You!"

"Ah, there you are! Sorry I didn't see you from up here." Dazai mocked, slowly relaxing as he listened to Chuuya's shouts of displeasure at his mocking.

From a distance, the two others who tended to tag along beside them shook their heads and sighed. Despite the short time spent together, they were all already used to their shticks, the bickering one moment laughing at or with each other another moment, and the incredibly brief moments of silence when the two were near each other.

Dazai, who tended to stick around them despite constantly complaining they were all impossibly boring to be around.

Chuuya, who still walked by Dazai despite complaining about how much of a jerk Dazai was.

The two were an odd duo that worked together and made any competition rightfully already set. They would all focus on second, because, no matter what you can do, or how good you think you are... there is no going against that duo, they are quite literally, unstoppable.