Sailing

Note: not too proud of the second half of this chapter, not gonna lie, but it's 5k words of fluff so-

Avoidance. Not out of anger or spite, but from a spur of over-complicated feelings. The twisting, gut-wrenching complications of that single shared kiss. Dazai had laid alone in his room for hours, staring at the ceiling, holding onto his chest with the other hand on his lips, trying to convince the rapid beating of his heart that he was revolted; that it wasn't as heart-stopping as he was feeling. Yet, his chest wouldn't stop feeling like he'd been drugged out of his mind, light and feathery. He hated it, relationships are cruel, they leave you hurt, and he'd be damned if he ever fell into that trap.

Chuuya had spent a few hours stretching, going over everything. From the moment he'd met Dazai, he'd wanted to shove his foot down his throat. He annoyed him, and he was a total jerk, but he was at least a little attractive. What does he do if he does like him? He'd told himself he hated him, but there's a small sense to him that worries over him, that keeps reaching out every time he spots the brunette begin to put distance between them. It's been noticeable these past weeks. He'd noticed the side glances, the ways he seems uncomfortable... could he? It's ridiculous, hell it's completely impossible, or it would be if he hadn't caught that kiss last night. A dare, a stupid dare, it meant nothing but the other had been embarrassed out of his mind. Disgusted? Yet, he had a feeling it wouldn't have felt the way that kiss did had it been that. The best option? Go with whatever comes naturally. If he starts to feel his heart race, then he likes him, if not, then he still hates him... You can hate somebody but still worry about them, can't you?

Just like that, the two hardly managed a word between each other outside mumbles and insults, and when they were not forced to work together... it was as if one thought the other had the plague. They would notice each other in the hall and spin to find an opposite route to class. Everybody could look at them and think one of two things, either they had a fight or they were head over heels for each other and refused to accept it. It became a hassle for their friends, who constantly had to watch them act like idiots and stumble for words. Their normal conversations, where they didn't insult each other or find reasons to leave, could make even the strongest soul cringe with their head low. The best way to describe this disaster? They are acting like the classic teen life movies, where the girl has a crush.

"We need to do something... this is getting out of hand," Yuan whispered as she stood beside her silver-haired friend. Their eyes trained on the mess before them. The other could only nod to her in strong agreement. Something had to be done, they needed to get these two together to spend some time together. Enough to get over this... whatever this is.

Tricking the two into getting somewhere only cost them a handful of cash. Turns out that Russian guy Dazai's on good terms with, wouldn't call them friends, doesn't like doing things for other people that would be a waste of time. Apparently, he's been enjoying the mess these two have become. Sadistic ass-hat, that's the impression he gave Yuan and Shirase. Either way, they ended up getting Chuuya and Dazai in the same place and in the same little room. So things didn't get too stuffy or awkward; they were also there. "I feel cheated... Karaoke... really?" The brunette stood there with his hands crossed over his chest as he was rather forcefully shoved along to the room. He was like a giant brick, unmoving with the way he's sulking.

Yuan sighed as she opened the door, smiling at Chuuya, who was ecstatic about this. Except he'd been told it wouldn't be four just three. Those scheming twits... shaking his head, Chuuya stood up, opening his mouth before he was interrupted by Shirase. "We're all friends, plus it would be nice to have a good singer with us. Come on Chuuya, it's just for fun." It wasn't as if he'd be able to leave either way, not with Yuan standing in front of the door. He wouldn't shove a friend out of the way, not when he'd been invited kindly. Chuuya sat himself, on the couch with a heavy sigh.