[message from author to you]

[tw; mentions of mental health/illnesses]

in honour of
MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH,

i would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge those who struggle with their mental health, those who have overcome their mental illnesses, and those who are going through recovery.

i just want to say that i am so proud of you and that you are so strong. i know that things may be hard right now. you may be feeling hopeless, sad, lonely or isolated. you may think that nobody understands what you're going through. but many do because they have been there, too. i can.

i know how hard it can be. no, you are not a burden. no, your loved ones will not leave you. no, you are not to blame for your illness. it was not anything you did or said. mental illness happens to a lot of us.

you should be proud to live with mental illness day-by-day. it is an achievement. with this being said, you deserve so much more than being sick.

i'm so sorry you have to go through this, but only you can change your life for the better. you have to take responsibility for yourself, find the best treatment, be adherent, ask for and accept help, listen to good advice from those who love you.

take a break and take care of yourself.

recovery can be hard to reach but it's worth it in the end. you may make mistakes, experience setbacks and disappointments, and get discouraged. we all do. but that's all part of the journey.

it's really just a matter of time before you reach recovery, but you need to be patient and trust the process. even if you've been suffering for a long time, you can still get better. there are so many people who know you can and will get better, including me.

believe me when i tell you that today is not your forever. better days lie ahead for you. love yourself. know that you are loved, worthy, deserving and capable.

i am rooting for you and believe in you so please don't give up and keep fighting. keep being strong.

i am so proud of you.

MY DM'S ARE OPEN TO EVERYONE AT ALL TIMES!!

—————————————————————————-

MESSAGE FROM AUTHOR TO YOU:

remember to take a break, eat, drink water and sleep well/have a beautiful day. <3

until the next update...