Transforming

Harry Potter was not normal.

And he was not expected to be normal. His entire existence was an abnormality disguised as a miracle sent by the greater beings.

No one should have survived the killing curse that came straight to your head. No one should have lived to tell the tale with nothing but a scar on the face and the bodies of the dead parents.

And of course, his little sister was sleeping soundly next to him when the curse hit his head.

He was supposed to be something of an anomaly and at the same time a relatively normal boy.

He was expected to be a living replica of his parents, a cheerful rule breaking boy with a protective steak a mile wide of those he loves. Or a brave and clever bookworm with a big kind heart and a smile that brightens up the sun.

He's all that and none at all.

He was a quiet child. His presence was barely noticeable even if sometimes it felt like there was something enormous within him. Harry Potter is a boy of great manners and his behaviour is quite good. The matrons at the orphanage were always singing his praises.

Little Harry did his chores on time. He loved his little sister very much. He was a very protective and loving brother. He's such a sweetheart to be around. He liked to learn things. He learnt a nice little piano piece a few days ago! He always scored top at school. He's a social butterfly and didn't shy away from people.

The perfect child, Harry Potter was.

And he remained a perfect child until that one traumatic event.
Little Dahlia Potter, an apple of young Harry's eyes, got lost in the woods. The frantic older brother followed her into the woods, not caring one bit for his security.

The matrons found them two days later. They found Harry, unconscious, beside the cold body poor little Dahlia which had been missing several chunks of flesh.

Then things began to change.

Young Harry became even more closed off. And strange things started to happen around him. Nothing too big. Nothing too noticeable. Birds followed him when he went outside. The atmosphere became suffocated whenever he felt irritated.

One boy who once mocked Harry for having a dead sister, fell down the stairs the next day.

Accidental magic. Young children rarely had control over their magic. Or the ministry thought so.

The most important thing while using magic is intent. To witches and wizards, magic was an extension of themselves, a limb.

The ministry employee overseeing the activities of the magical children would assume that this particular child at this orphanage has too little control of his magic.

And they couldn't be more wrong for Harry Potter may lack anything else in his life but he rarely lacks control.

Even at this young age, young Harry likes to have the absolute control of the situation he is facing and the moves he could make to earn what he desires.

Not that anyone knew of it.

When his magic lashed out at Hagrid, who came into his room at the orphanage unannounced, nobody suspected a thing.

The poor boy must have been afraid of a stranger who he had never seen before. Harry Potter was naturally powerful. Of course his accidental magic would also be powerful and destructive.

Nobody suspected a thing except for Albus Dumbledore.
Albus was a cautious man, always weighing the possible consequences of every action he made, and he found himself facing a dilemma.