1

Dear Diary,

I was told to write down all my thoughts, feelings and stories in hopes that one day I might come to terms with what has happened. I should probably start from the beginning of my story because that is most likely the best way I can express myself- through the story of my life. Well not my whole life but the part of my life that started when I was eighteen years old.

You probably didn't know this, well of course you don't I'm writing in a journal all you are is a piece of paper with words on that no one will ever read, which is my fault really, I'm probably just going to burn this when I'm finished with it. Its not like it is going to do me any  good.
Sorry, went on a bit of a ramble there, I guess that is why everyone keeps saying I need to "express my emotions." Anyways back to the story.

You probably didn't know this but everything you thought was fiction is real- magic and "superheroes" are real. I mean it. It is real. I swear. No one else seems to believe me but you will right. Please. I need someone to believe me. To not think I'm crazy.

You're most likely wondering why I put the word superhero in quotation marks and that is because no matter what your eight year old self believed superheroes are not good. Sure they save the word. They would sacrifice themselves to save the world. But they would also sacrifice the people they love to save the world. You are wondering how I know this? Well, I was going to be a sacrifice. No, I am not a superhero. No, I was not going to be sacrificed by the villain.
My brother was the one to nearly do it. Nearly kill me. All so his enemy would not win. And that is why I hate him.

It also maybe pushed me towards Shadow. That was his cover name. The name he went by so no one would know his true identity. I know, I know it is lame. Trust me, though, you could get a lot worse.

You are probably wondering what my brother was known as right? Snow Moon. I'm not joking. Like seriously? All the good hero names taken or something? His actual name is Jace. I would tell you Shadow's real name now but that wouldn't be any fun would it?

It is getting kind of late now. I should get some sleep even though I have nothing to do tomorrow. Or the day after that. Or the day after that.

Until I write again my friend,

Aurelia.