3. you're joking right?

DUSK MAKES YOU BEAUTIFUL.

CHAPTER 03

you're joking right?

Life was now getting frenetic and tiring. I wasn't used to dealing with such overwhelming emotions. A month had passed. I had been used to the methodology of studying in my old school where things were comparatively less hectic and I was the topper in my entire grade. But after coming to Nightingale Imperial, reality started to hit me.

Firstly, my best friends from my old school reduced talking to me and gradually cut me off because apparently they felt betrayed since I joined NISAM. 

My mom often sat next to me, cupping my cheek as she said and I quote,

"If they really were your true friends they would be happy for you and what you'd be creating in your dream school life."

I used to think of her comforting words if at all I felt the slightest regret of coming to NISAM.

Secondly, I started to see what I was truly capable of. What an actual loser I was. 

We had a singing competition two weeks ago. I had participated in it. Results were to be announced today! YAY!  I was excited. I knew I was the best singer for my age and I was pretty sure I'd win first place like I always did in every music competition I had participated in my old school. 

Judges called a meeting and students were requested to gather in the amphitheatre. 

"1st place goes to....."

I immediately got up from where I was sitting and began taking steps down the amphitheater, brimming with confidence and pride,

"....Shay Prazénne....congratulations!"

I stopped walking down

"2nd place goes to Rebecca.... congratulations!"

"... And the 3rd winner is Salem" 

I looked at the winners standing at the centre of the amphitheater, meekly. I blinked ten times in a row to make sure what I was seeing was not my hallucination.

I didn't know how to react to that!

Wasn't I the best singer? How was that possible? Music. It's one thing I can achieve effortlessly! Didn't I sing 'Perfect' by Ed Sheeran PERFECTLY?

then,

I was getting scolded by teachers all-day everyday, 

either because my gait was unacceptable at NISAM or the way I tied my hair seemed uncanny to my class teacher.

Either because I couldn't do the maths homework given on Friday or because I was put to detention for asking for help to my peers. One teacher even called me 'hopeless'