Two Souls

TWs: Mentions of blood, wound and death, fully censored swearing.

The moment I've been waiting for.

The next day~

Drista woke up the six. She was also kind enough to give them more food and some better gear.

"Woah! This is so much better than what we had!", Michael yelled excitedly.

Drista just rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Okay, you all ready to cross the river?".

They all nodded.

"Okay then!".

Drista spawned three oak boats near the water. Again, she can just teleport them, but where's the fun in that?

The six paired up in each of the boats, Junior and Finley, Michelle and Michael, and then Shroud and Yogurt. Drista just floated over their heads.

A sudden strong breeze shook their boats.

"Wha- Junior! Stop that!", Finley yelled at her brother.

"What!? That wasn't me! Let me just-".

Junior let go of the paddles and focused on the wind, calming the breeze into a slightly weaker position.

"There you go. Now can we please get going!?", he yelled annoyed.

They continued their small voyage. Soon their boats hit land. They all got off and broke the boats. Drista landed back onto the ground.

"Now, follow me. I know where they are".

Drista led the six through the forest. Their eyes widened when they heard laughter and two echo-ey voices.

"That was so stupid, Tommy!".

"Big man Tommy's not stupid, Dré!".

More cheerful laughter was heard. The six were so shocked.

"Was that- was that..!?".

Finley couldn't get the words out of her mouth. Drista averted her gaze and sighed.

"Yeah..you don't have to come see them if you don't want-".

"We're seeing them", Michelle stepped forward, her eye filled with tears.

Drista stared at them for a moment, before continuing to walk. The six followed her warily.

They reached a big wooden house. It had two floors and a front yard covered with alliums and cornflowers, a few bees flying around. But that wasn't what caught their eyes.

Two young translucent beings were playing and laughing with eachother. They seemed to be having the time of their lives. More accurately, their afterlives.

One of them had blond hair, dull green eyes and wore a baggy green hoodie. There was a flower crown on his head, made of the same cornflowers from the garden. A smile mark could be seen on his wrist and neck. He was sitting in the grass, holding some more flowers.

The other one, slightly shorter and younger looking than the other, had a plain white shirt with red sleeves. He had dull blue eyes, but a bright smile. An allium flower crown rested on his head. It was kept in place using a bee shaped hair clip. He looked like he had just tripped and fell, but was smiling happily.

But one thing that the two had in common, was the huge stab wound on both of their chests, ripping through their clothes with dried blood staining them. It was almost impossible to notice it, as the happy aura in the atmosphere cancelled it out.