Chapter 6: The Deplorable word

Peter grabbed Edmund's arm and pushed him behind him, drawing his sword once again and pointing it at the freaky, floating form of Jadis, who was just there, smirking at the two of them. "What do you want Jadis?" He snapped, voice firm. 

The witch laughed for a short while, before she grew serious. "I think the real question right now is what you two are doing here?" She said casually. 

"Or what you're doing here." Edmund spoke up. "You're dead." 

"Not completely," The witch responded with a shrug. "Granted there's not a way I could live again, but I'm not properly dead either." 

"What the heck is that supposed to mean?" Peter snapped, adjusting his grip on his sword handle and holding it up a little bit more. 

"Well I'm here as a ghost aren't I." Jadis smirked a little. "Wow Peter, I thought you were smarter than this." 

"Don't you dare talk to him like that." Edmund growled, stepping forward a little and pinning the witch with a death glare. 

Jadis turned her stare to Edmund, smirking a little. "My you've grown since the last time I saw you." She breathed. "I bet you're a fine young King now aren't you?"

Her voice was mocking, said with no real meaning, and Peter had to fight to control his anger. "He is." He said firmly, not a single tremor in his voice. "He's everything you said he'd never be." 

Jadis didn't really seem to like this, for she turned to Peter and glared hard at him. "Even if he is a fine King, as you put it," She said, "He'll always be a little, backstabbing traitor." 

Edmund swallowed hard, trying not to show any change in emotion, but she had hit his weak spot, and it was a fight to remain glaring at her. 

"If you were alive right now I'd run you through." Peter muttered dangerously, pure fire in his eyes as he spoke to the one person he hated with all his heart. 

Jadis laughed. "Well good job I'm dead then isn't it." She mocked. "But you know, just because I'm dead, doesn't mean I have no power." 

Peter and Edmund exchanged worried glances, and now Edmund drew his sword. 

"I don't know what you think you're gonna do with those." Jadis murmured casually. "If you tried stabbing me it'd just go straight through and cause no damage whatsoever."

Both boys of course knew this, but kept their swords raised, although neither of them knew exactly why.

"Edmund." Jadis said slowly after quite a while of silence. "Why don't you come over here for a moment."

Edmund snorted before the fear of what she'd just said caught up with him. "Do you think I'm stupid?" He muttered, noticing Peter looking terrified. 

Jadis smiled a little. "Serious question?" She asked sweetly. 

Peter would've lunged at her if Edmund hadn't of held him back. "That's not gonna do anything and you know it." He whispered to him, and Peter knew he was right. "What do you want Jadis?" He snapped. 

"I want you to come here." The witch answered. "It can't be that hard can it?" 

Edmund scoffed. "I'm not falling for your tricks again." He told her. 

"If you don't come here I'll just either follow you, or haunt Peter." Jadis said with a small shrug. 

Edmund sighed quietly, glancing up at his brother. "Don't you dare." Peter murmured. 

"What's she gonna do to me Peter?" Edmund asked. "Seriously, she can't even touch me!"

"I don't like this." Peter breathed.