Chapter 8

The event went smoothly and the dishes were praised throughout. The President introduced me to many important figures of our society whether they were politicians or CEO's of companies. They were all very nice but you could tell most had a practised smile plastered on their faces. The only one who seemed to be showing a range of emotions that looked honest was Taehyung.

He smiled and laughed, made a crude remark that made the atmosphere cloudy around a specific business manager but everyone laughed it off like it was normal. He scrunched his nose when he tasted the banana crunch cream cake, telling the waiter to take that horrid thing away from him. It seemed like he couldn't even stand the smell of it. He swept the stand of hair that stubbornly hugged his forehead every so often, then run his soft brown hair through the spaces between his fingers gently and throughly which also allowed his undercut to peak through.

If my fame wasn't on an all time high already it skyrocketed after that day and now I am more packed then ever, scheduled prehand for months. Not to brag but this seriously rubbed my ego in ways more than one, which explains why I am still high even after weeks have gone by. I had been so busy I hadn't even realised how time and flown by.

Today finally comes a day where I am not scheduled for various activities all day. My late afternoon and evening is free for the first time in a while together. So I have....what have i decided to do? Nothing comes to my mind, I have been so jam packed that I haven't a thought of what to do once I am free for longer than half an hour.

After thinking long and hard with a finger on my chin and a scrunched nose I drift through ideas in my head. But every so often I come across a face. A single face that has been occupying my mind even when my body is bulldozed with work. I want to shake his thoughts away but they hold strong so I leave them be. I love how his hair shines so naturally, probably very silky and smooth to touch. The texture I image to feel in my hands would be similar to ganache, melts right on my hands. Chocolate ganache. He seems like a chocolatey guy, he even ordered a chocolate cream cake last time. I wonder if he likes strawberries. He might even smell like chocolate and strawberries. The velvety texture and the fruity crunch. Now I'm craving for chocolate on strawberries.

This craving of mine has led me to my favourite cafe, where I had seen items as such that could soothe my urge in the displays. I walk in with a ding above my head alerting many of my presence. The cashier notes my order and I pay before going to take a seat in the same place I had sat last time, with Taehyung.

But there he was. Sitting in all his broad shouldered glory with a curly mess of hair that fall over his eyes as he stares at the food placed in front of him. Scooping more than what the spoon could hold he raises it towards his mouth. This is when his gaze rises and meets mine. Our eyes lock and we stare for who knows how long, but I finally snap out of my trance. Since he is already sitting at that table I choose another one that is further up the shop.

I sort of, expectantly, wait for him to approach me. To give me some sign of acknowledgement. But no signals are thrown my way to my dismay. He doesn't even look at me before he exits the store. As a result I have been pushing my food around the plate for more than 10 minutes having lost the appetite long ago.

Ugh!!!

----
Tae's POV

At this point I am quite lost. I don't know what to do anymore. He makes me reconsider, doubt, question and all things procrastinating. Should I confront him? Does he even remember?

I have held on to my anger for so long, waiting for the right time. But he just makes it all melt away.

Would it be alright if I let go now? Would that be too selfish? I just don't want to disappoint you both.

I confess in front of the large portrait of my parents in my room. They look so happy here. They always were. The only wrinkles they had were from the smiles and the laughter that still echoe in the hallways of this house.

No. I will not falter. To avenge my parents I will do anything. I will watch them suffer for causing my family pain. For continuing to live happily when my home was abandoned by its residents.

Till next time🖐🏼
---------------