Chapter 1: The class of 2018

The whole class sighed when they heard the bell ring. They are just finishing their first subject, but they already want to get out of school. Thankfully, they finally decided to end the first class and took a break so that they could eat because they were already exhausted from what they were being taught.

Margaux has been studying at the same school for three years. However, it's still hard for her, it's not like Margaux despised this school a lot, but she decided to stay when her parents found out that the tuition fee is cheap here; they can't afford a school that is expensive because for them Margaux is not smart enough, so it's not worth it.

"What are you thinking?" Margaux's best friend, Zoey, asked.

She somehow thinks why Zoey would decide to hang out with her since Zoey is so famous at this school, and she feels like they shouldn't be together. She could've made more friends besides Margaux.

"Nothing. Do you want to go to the canteen?" I asked back. Margaux also doesn't want Zoey to know her thoughts since it's too complicated, and it doesn't matter to Zoey either because she doesn't deserve negativity in her circle.

Margaux stood up from the chair, and Zoey immediately clung to her arm. She indeed likes her clingy side the most.

"When will you stop swinging your arms like that? You can hit someone," Margaux reminded her.

You could say that Zoey has a habit of always swinging her hand while walking.

She just looked at Margaux and laughed, and instantaneously Zoey's hands slipped from Margaux's hands, causing her hand to hit a tall man and slip. She was about to fall when someone suddenly grabbed her elbow for support.

"Watch your steps," he said and helped Margaux stand up.

Their eyes met for a while, but Margaux noticed and saw how sad the man's eyes were. She's interested in him by just looking at his eyes.

Margaux immediately grabbed Zoey in the canteen when the anonymous man left to help her.

"You already crashed into someone earlier, and now you still want to have an accident?" Zoey shouted while she was dragging her. She was wearing heels, so it was hard to run for her, so Margaux somehow also felt guilty.

When they arrived at the canteen, her eyes immediately looked for the man, and she saw him standing and talking to the two other tall people she thought were his friends. He seems so happy from afar.

"Miss, how much for this?" Margaux asked the cashier.

"2 500 KRW," she immediately took the ice cream and paid for it.

The man was about to leave when Margaux suddenly blocked him with a smile on her lips, he looked confused, and she straightaway took out the ice cream she was hiding behind and gave it to him.

"Wow, you have an admirer, Leo," so his name is Leo; what a cool name.

"No, this is my payback for saving me earlier. Expect more from me!" Margaux answered before running away.

And Margaux didn't lie when she said to expect more from her since when she sees him in the canteen every day, she will immediately reach him with an ice cream in her hand. Margaux spends 2 500 KRW every day, and she's not even complaining.

but Leo is complaining. "Do you know how much you waste your money on the ice cream you give me? I don't like them," he said.

Margaux knew his lying look, and Leo's sparkling eyes flashed when he saw his favorite strawberry ice cream.

"Yeah! I saw you the other day, and you really enjoy eating my ice cream!" Margaux exposed him, and Leo looked embarrassed and ran like a child, "She's crazy," he thought.

And then, one day, Leo started avoiding the ice cream Margaux was giving him all of a sudden.

He doesn't show up at the canteen anymore.

"Is Leo avoiding me? Is he already disgusted with me like that? Am I too annoying? "She asked.

"Maybe he's tired of all those ice cream you gave him?" said Rae, also one of my best friends.

"I also think so ..." Margaux answered, feeling defeated. I just want to be friends with her so-called to be 'savior,' but she thinks she's overdoing it already,

"I should've asked him the normal if he wants to be friends with me," Margaux sighed.

"Where are you going?"

Margaux was about to leave when someone tapped her on the shoulder, and when she turned around, she saw Leo smiling; without thinking, Margaux suddenly hit him in the arm.

"I'm sorry, you surprised me," She laughed at him. He nodded and pulled out what he had been hiding behind him.

"Here, to make up for not showing to you," he said and handed the ice cream to her.

Just now, Margaux received food from someone else that was not cooked and given by her parents. She feels so surprised and overwhelmed.

"I'm sorry again earlier. I punched you in the arm. I know we're not close friends. I'm just really used to it," She apologized while eating the ice cream he gave her. "Who says we're not friends?" he replied to her surprise.

"Really, we're friends?" The excitement was evident in Margaux's voice.

"Yes, right? since I helped you in the hallway,"

"I'm Margaux," she introduced herself.

"I know," he replied.

"I'm Leo," he said.

"I know," she replied.

------

That day, Leo decided to pass by the sports club. He wanted to inquire.

Since Leo was a child, he was happy when he saw his older brother coming home very tired from taekwondo practice. He wanted to be like him.

"I'll think about it first. Maybe it's not for me," Leo sighed while talking to himself. For him, he will just do this hobby apart from studying so that he can experience everything before he graduates from high school, so why not start now?

He stopped when he heard someone singing. Leo approached where he could listen to the sound and slowly opened the door.

He was surprised to see Margaux singing. He did not expect that someone like her, who was jolly and naughty, would be a good and talented person.

However, Leo didn't actually feel annoyed with Margaux when she always approached him. On the contrary, he felt happy because no one had talked to him without being afraid, just like Margaux.

"You're so good at singing," he said after Margaux finished singing.

"You're here. Come on in!" Margaux excitedly let him enter the room, and he sat at a table while Margaux drank water.

"Have you ever considered auditioning for talent shows?" Leo asked her.

Margaux smiled and laughed. "No, I don't want to because I'm afraid of rejections. I think I can't handle is not accepted as a singer. Besides, it's just a hobby," she explained.

"There's nothing wrong with trying. You know you can pass the auditions, right?" said Leo.

"Really? You really have that high trust in my talent, huh?" Margaux laughed, but she also stopped when he saw Leo's serious face.

"Oh my gosh, I swear you're genuinely scary when your face is serious. How about you? What is your dream?" Margaux asked back. She sat down next to Leo at the table.

They sat side by side at the table as the sunlight from the window hit their swaying feet.

"My dream is not to be rejected," Leo answered thoughtfully, so Margaux looked at him.

"What do you mean?"

"You? Will you reject me when you find out who I am?" Leo looked down at Margaux's lips. Margaux didn't know what to do. She just swallowed and answered.

"No" in a word. Leo grabbed Margaux in the cape and kissed the woman she was beside him on a beautiful day.