Chapter 2: Secrets to keep

Leo's Perspective

I did not expect that I would like Margaux. At first, I only saw her as a friend since she's precisely not my type. She's hyper and can be herself all the time, and I'm the opposite.

It's only with her that what I really am comes out. With her, I can express everything I want in life. We've been together for seven months, and it's just funny that even though we're different, we can complement each other.

I'm just thankful that she's actually by my side.

Her parents are strict, she is not banned from going out at all, but because we also want to be careful, she sneaked out of their house every night. I know, too dangerous, right?

It's just that maybe we also wish for a trill relationship.

Imagine sneaking out at 1 AM just to see your loved one? No, don't imagine because it's terrible.

"Hi!" she greeted me. She just got out of their house and was obviously in a hurry because of her messy hair.

"Hi, lover!" I hugged her, and she did the same.

"I missed you!" she cried while I giggled.

"Lover, it's okay. We're here again and together. I promise you, soon we won't have to hide from your parents." I hugged her tight and kissed her forehead. I can't even bear seeing her cry, so I'll make sure to ask permission from her parents soon so we don't always meet at 1 AM.

Margaux held my hands and caressed them,

"What's up?" she spoke, and we began walking.

Every day is a walk date for us.

"Do you know my first impression of you?" Margaux suddenly spoke, and I looked at her.

"What?" I replied, curious what she would say.

"I thought you were a bad boy when I first saw you," she laughed, and I glared at her playfully.

"Wait, lover, hear me out! Because you look like you were always angry with the world before, you always had a straight face," she explained. "Explanation accepted" I laughed and playfully hugged her.

It's true, though, that life has become brighter and changed for good since she came.

It has become a routine to sneak out every night. I'll call her at midnight to say I'm outside their house. Sometimes I will hide in a big tree near their home just to hide. One time, Margaux came down from her window because her parents were still awake in their living room.

The trust she gave me that day to catch her is so immense, so I won't let that go.

We laughed at danced that night. That's the most exciting and thrilling part of my life.

It's disrespectful to her parents and unacceptable. Margaux wasn't like this before he met me. Margaux is a good daughter to her parents. Even though she is naughty, she cannot lie to her parents. That's why I sometimes think I'm dragging her down while she's bringing me up. We will never know if we're in the same toxic relationship if we're happy, right?

It's summer season too, so it's hard to meet Margaux; sometimes they're not at home yet because they're on vacation with his family and mine, so it's hard to meet our schedules, especially since we don't meet every day.

"I missed you, lover," I sighed, looking at her picture. We are inhaling the same air, but it feels like we're both in different countries. I feel so empty without her being with me by my side.

Trying times are hard; sometimes, I think of giving up because we lack communication, but that's not our way.

We haven't been able to talk for two weeks because her cellphone was damaged by accidentally dropping it in the water after swimming with her family in their province.

"I'm sorry, lover. I'll make it up to you" that's the last message she sent me on his cellphone before she lost it, but how can she actually make it up for me when she's not even here.

It's a miracle that we survived that phase and trusted each other. Not being together almost ruined our relationship, so we practiced being independent without each other. That's how this relationship will keep going strong.

"Thank you for staying, Margaux," I voice mailed her. I am thanking her genuinely because this relationship won't work if I just do and make an effort without anyone with me.

Neither Margaux nor I have told anyone about our relationship, not even our friends, especially our parents.

"You just started your first year of high school, and you're just a child," they say. Sometimes, we get tired of what people tell us. It's not wrong to love, especially when you're young. Of course, minors and adults are not available, but we're in the same year, and our birthdays are only five months apart. And we're responsible enough for our relationship. Anyone can experience love, and we can't help it.

I remember when Margaux finally decided to tell her friends about us. That was the time when we were not okay, and our hearts were confused. They go to Margaux's house and sneak in a bottle of wine for them to drink.

"I don't think I can hold on," Margaux said. Her brain was already full of alcohol, so she didn't actually know what she was saying.

"You and Leo are strong enough for this, and you can do that, " Angelina tapped her back.

I can only imagine how difficult for her our situation at that time. It's complicated and challenging, especially since we were each other's first love, and we didn't have much experience in love at that time; we were young as long as we tried hard for our relationship, which mattered to me and us.

"What's wrong? Do we have a problem?" I asked her once we met again.

"No, I'm just tired," she excuses. I know she's lying because she's not usually like this. Her energy is gone. Did I drain her a lot? I know she just doesn't want to tell me because she doesn't want to hurt me. That's how selfless she is. One thing that I admired from her, she will prioritize the feelings of others more than her feelings.

But then she ended up crying on my shoulder that night.

"I can't afford a long-distance relationship, lover. I'm so sorry for crying, and I just can't help it. She hugged me on the waist, and I hugged her back while holding his head resting on my chest.

"I know, lover. I know we both prefer the physical touch as our love languages, ​​"and she laughed.

"Yah! Did you search for that also? That's good of you. "

I just love her so much. That's why I know.

"You know I love you, right?" I asked her as she looked at me lovingly.

"I know," she said as she kissed me on my cheeks.

"I love you, Margaux. I can't imagine my life without you," and we enjoyed the night as we laughed and cried that night.

Ps. This is all in the past. Leo was just telling us his perspective back when they started their relationship. 

A little flashback from Leo.