Chapter 9: Chasing that fame

MARGAUX

Angelina suddenly screamed while staring at her phone as the meeting was still in progress. Each of us three turned to face him. 

Concerned for her, I asked, "What happened? Did something happen?" She exclaimed with delight, "They accepted it. We can now use the studio!" 

Isaac asked, "What studio?" 

Before continuing, Angelina took a seat and grinned. "I rented a studio for our photoshoot. Since we're going extra, how about a movie poster shoot?" The three of us cheered, with Leo remaining silent.

Leo and I haven't talked to each other since the last day. We always end up in a fight when I initially approach him, but what can I do? Even if he no longer respects me, he should still respect our friends. He can't always act negatively. 

Since school was already over, we walked to the studio that Angelina had rented, we already filmed some scenes yesterday, so we were pretty calm. 

Angelina as my best friend, and Leo as Isaac's friend. Of course, Isaac and I are the main lovers in the story.

I want to apologize to Leo. I'm determined to follow him anywhere, even if I look like a jerk to him. I don't like to annoy him, but I want a proper closure. 

I walked with Leo. He noticed it, so he walked fast and left me behind. I was left behind. 

"Stop chasing him. Talk to him in private." Isaac said to my surprise. He was by my side already. 

I said, "He doesn't want to," to him. 

"Let him be. He will go to you," he assured me as we reached the studio.

We began posting when we were abruptly confronted by the camera. 

"Margaux, how should I go about this?" Isaac asked, clearly still pondering his options. 

"Do some poses, whatever suits you," I said. 

"Do some romantic poses, grasp each other's hands, hug each other!" Angelina exclaimed, embarrassing Isaac and me even more. We're not particularly close, but it's awkward, especially because Leo observes us from a distance. 

"Is it okay for me to hold your hand?" Isaac asked, and I nodded.

After a while, Isaac became comfortable with the two of us' skinship because he was the one who initiated the two of us' skinship. 

Looking at Leo in the corner hurts my heart; I don't know what he is feeling, but I can feel his gaze from where he is. 

"Margaux, look at the camera, please," the photographer said to me, and I returned to my senses and looked at Isaac, who squeezed my hand and smiled. "I'll talk to him later," he said, continuing to pose.

Next to take a picture were Angelina and Leo because they are the side characters. I looked at them both, and Leo indeed appeared thrilled about it. Maybe I'm the one who makes him sad. 

"Are you jealous?" Isaac asked as he stood there watching the two take photos. 

"No, I'm just happy he's enjoying this, knowing how he never liked the spotlight," I replied because I really am not jealous, maybe a bit, but my happiness is more prevailing for him.

We both stood up again because we needed to take a group photo for the poster. We were all having fun because the photographer was making jokes. 

The photoshoot is over, it happened despite my wishes that it would never end. The photographer only gave us 10 minutes to clean all the mess and get ready to get out.