Chapter one__The prologue

"His highness",  the palace guard announced the prince's presence.
His mother, Queen Aimee smiled as he walked in.
He genuflect to greet his father, King Noah.
" Father, do you have to go to the battle ground? Aren't you the king?", he asked the king.
King Noah shook his head.
"I'm the leader if this country, Alexander. I have to lead the war",  the king explained.
" Your people won't mind it if you stay at the palace, will they? After all, we have so many warriors", Princess Amelia puts in.
The king Pat her head.
"It is only right that I lead this war. That's how it's done. A king must be brave and courageous. A weakling cannot be a king", the king said.
" I wish you good luck", Queen Aimee said.
King Noah kissed the queen forehead and hug the kids.
He walked out of his chamber and saw his five mistresses there. He gave them a smile and left a word.
"Behave"

👑

If queen Aimee had known, she would have stopped her husband from going to the war. He conquered but he came home weak. He was stabbed and he gad lost so many blood. The stab wound was very deep that the physician couldn't stop the blood. The king insisted on coming back to the palace.
"Call Alexander, I want to talk to him",  the king said.
The guards went out immediately to call the prince. Everyone knows the king will die. He has lost so much blood already.
Queen Aimee just stood there, her eyes red.
" Father, I'm here", the young prince genuflect the moment he came in.
The king gesture that he come closer and the prince went closer to him. The king then asked everyone to excuse him. The Elders of the kingdom, the physician and the guards that are in the room walked out immediately.
"Alexander",  the king called.
" Yes father", the boy answered.
"You have to be a brave king. Be courageous and always remember that your duty as a king comes first before anything",  he paused so that the ten year old boy could digest his words.
" A king should do his duty no matter what he faces. Sometimes your duty as a king will stop you from doing personal things but that's why you are royalty. You lost the freedom to make choices that will benefit you the moment you're born into the royal family. The kingdom always cone first.
The young prince frowned.
"Father",  he called.
" Yes son", the man grunted.
"Why are you telling me all this?",  he asked.
The older man smiled.
" Because you will be king after me", the man replied.
"You have to get well soon. You still have a lot to teach me" the prince said.
King Noah smiled looking lovingly at his son.
He said nothing.

👑

The king passed away that night. That raining night, the great king kicked the bucket.
"What should I do? Father isn't dead, Is he? He promised to teach me a lot of things!", Prince Alexander cried.
His mother drew him closer as she wept.
Prince Amelia closed her eyes.
She did not know how to react. She is quite close to her father and she didn't want to believe that her dad is really dead. She is twelve years old and she is older than her brother but he is more understanding than she is.
She just watched.
A man moved closer to him.
He is Sir Greg. He is the closest advisor of the king.
" Wipe your tears, your highness. The whole kingdom is in your hands now"

👑

"All hail king Alexander Germaine"
Everyone stood up and bowed to the ten year old king.
The king is not happy. He is angry. His father lied to him. He died and left him alone. He felt betrayed and he also missed his father.
So his duty as a king started so soon.
How is he suppose to rule such a great kingdom?
The burden will be too much for a young lad like him but who says he should be born into the royal family.
He will have to ignore his own personal desire and live for the people.
At ten he lost his father!
At ten He became a king!
At ten he lost his freedom.

Queen Aimee watched her son. He is too young to carry this burden. Shelagh is a very big kingdom and her young son have to rule such a great country as the king.

And the story began..............

🤴👸🤴👸👸
I hope you enjoy the story.

Comment and vote.

Have you read Ray is in Love?
Go and download it. It's completed.