Chapter 12- First Lesson + Breakfast With Shiho

"Hmm, I think this is the place," Rin thought as she approached the house and rang the bell.

CRACK~~~

"Huh, who are you?" a woman asked.

"Um, hello. My name is Rin Mori. I'm just looking for Toichi Kuroba."

"He's here. But did you say your name is Rin?" the woman asked.

"Uh, Yes?"

"Oh my, you're the child my husband's been talking about," she added, her eyes widening in surprise.

"Um, yeah" Rin replied nervously.

The woman welcomed Rin into their home with a sweet voice.

"Uh, thank you," Rin said, grateful for the invitation.

Toichi emerged soon after, his face lighting up when he spotted her.

"Ah, Rin, you came!" Toichi said excitedly.

"Well, Because today is the first lesson right?"

"Hoho! I did say that," Toichi agreed, nodding his head.

"Dad, who's that...?" the little boy asked, walking over towards Rin and Toichi.

Toichi introduced his son, Kaito Kuroba, who is also a student of his.

"Ah, yes. This is my new student, Rin Mori"

"Hey there, I'm Kaito Kuroba! Lovely to meet you!" Kaito said with enthusiasm.

Rin smiled and replied, "My name is Rin Mori. It's nice to meet you too!"

Toichi smiled at their interactions as he explained the lesson plan.

"Our lesson today is about disguise and makeup, which should be an easy lesson for both of you."

"Yes!" The both of them said as they nodded

After a long two-hour lesson, Rin was feeling tired and wanted to rest.

"Rin!" Kaito suddenly called to her.

"Huh, what is it?" she asked, looking over at him.

"Do you want a snack?" Kaito asked as he offered her some food.

"Of course," she said cheerfully, accepting the offer. "Thanks, but do you want to sit by me?"

"Okay," she answered with a smile, moving next to him.

""Hey, Kaito-kun, what is your dream?" Rin asked, curious about what his dream

"Of course to become a great magician and defeat Kaito Kid!" he responded confidently.

Rin was taken aback by his response and scoffed, "Gak!!".

"Are you okay? Do you want some water?" Kaito offered her in concern, but she shook off his request.

"No, no. I'm okay. Ahem," she replied as she looked away,

'Bruh, he want to defeat huh father huh' Rin thought as she cough

"Ah, okay" Kaito said, accepting her answer as he continued eating the snack.

"Do you want to defeat Kaito Kid?" Rin asked, curious about Kaito's ambitions.

"Oh of course I do!" he replied proudly. "You see, Kaito Kid is the most great phantom chief and great magician," he explained, his mind set on achieving his goal.

"Hmm, I think your dad is a great magician than Kaito Kid."

"Of course, father is a very great magician; he's much better than Kaito Kid. I want to be just like my father, and become an excellent magician just like him too."