Outsider

When the darkness took over the night this is where demons crawl and feast for their food but this time it was more unusually for today.

The once demons that kept decreasing the people in earth had been found slashing one by one by demon slayers.

Nowadays demons fear demon slayers and also the hashiras to which they are the most powerful slayers ever been known.

Hashira's are the anti-demons that found the weakness of the other demon out there crawling out of their place.

The slayers were barely capable and use of killing demons but they aren't that strong some of them are too weak to hold a sword or even scared of demons and their ugly faces that creeped the inside of them.

People hide inside their houses and make sure to never go out at night but do they know that demons could easily enter houses just like rodents feasting on their food?

In the snowy grounds where a two friends live.

This is where our story will begin.

Yasha's POV

"Yasha will you come here and help me!"

Neit called out to me as I stopped collecting twigs and  helped him carrying the wood he picked we place it near the fireplace we usually put and he began starting the fire and preparing the food.

While I sat at the snowy ground sending cold shivers upon my body Neit looked at me with a glare as I was more frightened from his sudden stare this never happen before only 1 year ago with our parents died.

I think about our past memories each other when we still have our parents but now he seem cold and distant whenever I wanted to get close to his warm hug every night he only push me down and threatened me to stay away from him I don't know why but I have a bad feeling I was the source of his anger and sadness

People change ever so sudden but is this always happen to others.

A lot of people changed so much that they rather forget someone important to their lives.

Many were currupted by someone powerful that they would do anything for that person to be happy and for the return for their success he/she will be rewarded for greater position to be respected

Position sure could drove you out of your mind or even change your soul of killing someone but it is different from other peoples mind.

We hadn't been eating a lot lately ever since our parents died from a reason that Neit blurted.

I felt a bit odd cause he never been this cold and distant from me whatever it is Neit never gives up taking care of me even he needs to be mean I have to accept it.

"Yasha food is ready get your food now!"

Neit demand as I hurriedly get my food from the burning fire and eat it without noticing it I almost choke from eating too fast.

Neit handed me a cup of water and started chugging it down my throat feeling a bit alright now that Neit got concern about me.

I looked at his serious eyes that reflects his nasty soul with a bit of care as I turn away avoiding eye contact with him.

"T-thanks Neit"

I replied blankly as I began going to our home for me to take a nap.

I tuck myself with our blanket watching Neit gazing upon the night sky.

The old happy and childish Neit I know was now replace by a cold and distant one who knew time passes so quickly that also the ones that use to care would also leave you one day.

Maybe it still hurts him no matter I do it shatters his heart from our lost.

"Well goodnight Neit hope you change back"

I muttered quietly and let my eyes shut close seeing only darkness that surrounds it.

But even though I rest my body  I could still feel his pain luring into my dream I can't make him be himself cause I'm not his source of happiness.

Unfortunately our parents is our source of happiness and joy but now we are here trying to overcome this cold weather and cold feeling.

Neit's POV

I'm sorry yasha... It just hurts to see you knowing I've been cold and distant but it will be worth it