01

You know what power sounds like? The clacking of my heels as I walked.

I can feel them looking at me as I crossed the cafeteria to go to where my friends are. The girls gaze at me with envy and the guys eye me with lust. I bask in all the attention I'm getting and smirk. This feeling never gets old.

Yes, I am that type of girl. The popular girl, the quen bee, the -

"What the fuck?" I screeched as I suddenly felt something warm and sticky on my chest. Alarm bells are sounding inside my head as I stood shocked while looking down on my clothes. I clenched my fists to stop myself from scratching my hands. I took a deep breath to calm myself. It's okay, it's okay.

I looked up and glared at the girl in front of me. Huh, she seems to be knew. I guess it's time I introduce myself to her.

I made a show of scanning her from the top of her wavy brunette head to her converse clad feet. Her brown eyes stare at me with horror. She seems to be the quiet type. She could be pretty, but that old cardigan and jeans are not doing anything for her. Oh well.

"I am so sorry." The new girl exclaimed as she grabbed some tissues and started dabbing on the spilled spaghetti sauce on my clothes.

I slapped her hand away and said coldly, "Don't touch me! The damage has been done, and I don't want your apology unless it can undo what you did to my clothes. Do you know how much these cost?"

"I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to." She said, her voice quivering. I scoffed.

"That's what they all say. Why are you so stupid? Can't you even walk properly?" I shouted. The whole cafeteria is looking at us now. Good.

"I-I-" She stuttered but before she could finish her sentence I grabbed the orange juice on the table to my right and poured it on top of her head. I heard gasps behind me.

"Just returning the favor." I said, as my lips curled into a cruel smile.

I took a threatening step towards her and she took a few steps back but the floor has become slippery due to the spilled orange juice so she fell back on her ass. That's better.

I crossed my arms against my sticky chest and looked down at her menacingly.

"It'll do you good to remember my face and get the fuck out of my way. Those who mess with me end up miserable here. Comprende?" I said, giving her one last look before I turned around and walk away.

I pushed the cafeteria doors open and started towards my locker. The alarm bells in my mind are getting increasingly louder now, and all I can think about is how my clothes reek of spaghetti sauce are sticking on my chest. I fought the urge to gag.

I quickly grabbed some spare clothes in my locker and headed straight to the showers near the gym. I burst through the doors and started peeling off my clothes before I even got inside the stall. It's a good thing the place is empty since everyone is out for lunch.

I threw my spoiled clothes in the trash can. I grabbed my body wash and towel and headed straight to the showers. I breath a sigh of relief as the shower started and the cold water ran down my body. I squeezed out a generous amount of body wash on my hands and started scrubbing hard on my body. I didn't stop until my skin was red and raw. When I was convinced that my body is clean, the alarms in my head died down and I can feel myself start to calm down.

I wrapped a towel around me and went out. I stood in front of the mirror and my clear blue eyes looked back at me.

I have a mild case of mysophobia. It's not as bad as the others though, for which I am very grateful.  But it's still a pain in the ass to live with.