5-5 (Interlude 1)

[Hnnngghh!]

Nino reached for her phone and swiftly muted the irritating buzzing. She stretched her arms out while sitting up. After a few moments of adjusting to the light levels surrounding her, and some eye rubbing, Nino grabbed her phone and brought it close to her face. Clicking through it before finding the alarm app and turning off the follow-up alarms set in five-minute intervals, one after another.

Once she finished, she dropped the phone onto her bed. Uncharacteristic. Considering she's the kind of person to check up on her socials for a good few minutes before starting her day. Rather, she just let her eyes wander to the ceiling and left them to stare aimlessly. Her lips curved up slightly, the day she had been waiting for quite a while had come.

(Every year the wait feels longer than the last.)

Nino got up and rushed out of her room and towards the bathroom.

Her phone remained limp on her bed.

07:07

Friday, 5 May

~~Timeskip~~

[Morning girls.]

[Morning!]

The five sisters sat around the dining table enjoying Nino's freshly made egg benedict. Maruo walked out of his room on the first floor and sat in the middle of the table.

[You have already called your office and told them you are taking today off right?]

[Yes. I already have, do not worry too much about it, Itsuki.]

[Yeah. Instead, you should be worrying if you got enough muffins on your plate. I made extras if you want some.] [¬‿¬]

[I-I will take you up on that offer.] [⸝⸝⸝◕﹃◕⸝⸝⸝]

[Here you go.]

Nino grabbed two more English muffins on a plate and swapped Itsuki's plates. Not forgetting the hollandaise sauce.

Itsuki just drooled. While everyone held a chuckle at the sight of the youngest's cuteness.

[So what are we doing today, Dad?]

[I doubt you girls have much energy left after all the crazy stuff you all did over this week.]

Ah yes, golden week. The crazy fun-infested week that gets the blood pumping. A whole week of holidays lined up one day after another. Though most students wouldn't bat an eyelid considering summer break lasts for over a month. The Nakano sisters enjoyed a good five days and four nights on a luxury cruise for the last week. Shows, spas, escape rooms, water parks, planetariums, and all sorts of crazy amenities slapped together on a ship. Though the ship was just a mere getaway one, it certainly was not something to scoff at. Everyone had their fair share of fun, though Maruo was the only excluded. Even if it is a holiday, Maruo couldn't just leave his appointed work for that long.

The girls laughed nervously remembering that they had told their father about everything that happened. And he knew they thoroughly enjoyed this year's golden week.

[Aaaaa~ It would have been great if you were there too, Dad.]

[Yes I know that. Work has been killing me with all the things I need to do.]

He replied, stifling a yawn while eating his breakfast.

The girls all exchanged glances with one another, a quintuplet-only channel all popped into their heads.