10

*****A WEEK LATER*****

My parents insurance had finally covered for a home health aid to be able to go sit with them and take care of them. They didn't want me to miss anymore work so they sent me home. I didn't make it home until the afternoon so I decided I would go to the office and talk to Lynn and Andy about coming back to work fulltime and making sure I still had a job. When I arrived back in town I went to my apartment and got in proper office attire and work grey flare dress slacks, a purple top with a floral print on it and my black heels. I got to the office I was greeted by a lot of people with hellos and we missed you comments. When I walked past where Neal's office was I heard him yelling at his secretary and she was almost to the point of tears as she packed up her desk.

"Mr. Loguidice is there a problem?" I asked seeing the girl clearly panicked. Neal looked at me and smiled.

"Jaylee, you're back." Neal said with a smile.

"That not the point, this girl doesn't deserved to be belittled by you." I said and I looked at the girl.

"Are you okay?" I asked and she nodded.

"I'll just go." She said and grabbed her box and left in a hurry.

"Maybe you can't keep secretary's because you don't know how to treat them. We deserve respect too." I said and he walked up closer to me.

"Why don't you come work for me then and teach me how to respect secretarys? Andy seems okay with your replacement." Neal said and I shook my head.

"No thank you Mr. Loguidice, you can learn respect yourself. I am happy working for Andy." I said and went to walk away and he grabbed my hand.

"Hey, welcome back." He said and ran his thumb over my knuckles. I removed my hand from his.

"Thank you." I said and walked away. I made it Lynn's office first and I knocked not seeing her secretary.

"Come in." Lynn said and I opened the door with a smile.

"Oh Jaylee! It's so good to see you." Lynn said excited and I smiled as I walked in her office. She came around her desk and gave me a hug.

"It's good to be back, that is if I still have a job." I said and she gave a small laugh as we sat down.

"In my mind you still do but since you work under Andy, it's ultimately his decision." Lynn said and I nodded.

"Of course." I said.

"But if he decides to still be with Melissa, I could always use another secretary." She said and I smiled.

"Well let me go see Mr. Barber and see what he decides." I said and she gave a small laugh as I stood up. I left Lynn's office nervous knowing this would be the first time I had any contact with Andy since he stayed the night at my parents house. I was nervous to walk into his office, once I arrived I saw Melissa missing but I figured she was maybe on her lunch break. I knocked on the door to Andy's office but I didn't hear anything.

"Mr. Barber?" I asked and opened the door and was in an instant shock.

"Jaylee?!" Andy said in shock and horror. I felt like I had just been punched in the gut. I saw Melissa straddling Andy in his office chair, her blouse was unbuttoned, she was loosening his tie and his hands were on her ass. I felt like I was going to throw up but I also felt like I couldn't breathe. I shut the office door and walked to the desk where I had worked and grabbed up some of my personal items.

"Jaylee, what are you doing?" Andy asked coming out of his office, fixing his tie.

"I was coming back to make sure I could have my job back but I think you are pretty much comfortable with Melissa so I will just go." I said grabbed the last of my items.

"Jaylee, wait, please....it wasn't what it looked like." Andy said and I shook my head.

"Wasn't what it looked like? Well you looked pretty comfortable with your hands on her ass." I said and went to leave, Andy grabbed my hand to stop me.

"Mr. Barber, I quit." I said and walked away. He didn't chase after me or say anything. I walked to the elevator and was doing well holding back my tears. Once the elevator arrived I got on and quickly left the building. Once I got home I had a string of text messages from Andy.

ANDY: Jay, please let me explain.

ANDY: I won't accept you quitting.

ANDY: Come back to work, please.

ANDY: I need you Jay.

I ignored all of them and just sighed. I then got another text.

LEXA: How did it go going back to work?

JAYLEE: Not well, I quit.

I saw the 3 dots appear a few times and then finally the phone just rang.

"I'm sorry you what?!" Lexa asked and I sighed.

"Remember how you were telling me I was stupid to get involved with a married man?" I asked and she sighed.

"What happened?" Lexa asked.

"Just I put too much trust in him." I said.

"Did his wife find out?" Lexa asked.

"No, just my replacement in the office. I found them in a compromising position and I just quit." I said and she sighed.

"I won't say I told you so but..." Lexa said.
"Stop." I said.

"So what now?" Lexa asked.

"Find a job, I was with Andy for a year and a half." I said and she said.
"And he better give you a glowing review." Lexa said and we both gave a small laugh.

"Listen, I'm going to go ahead and get some stuff done around here before I start job hunting tomorrow." I said and sighed.

"Okay, if you need anything call me." She said.

"Okay, I love you." I said.

"Love you too." She said and hung up. I sat on the couch and just sighed. I pulled up the text from Andy and sighed. I knew better than to answer him. I couldn't do it anymore with him. I then went and unblocked a number.

JAYLEE: You still need a secretary?

NEAL: You offering?

JAYLEE: I am.

NEAL: See you tomorrow 8am.