Chapter 2 - Getting Settled

Okay, I wanna say something before we get started. 

I am so happy that y'all are actually reading my story!

When I checked the stats, I couldn't believe it.

60 reads already? 

I know I am not the best writer out there, but y'all are making me feel so loved!

So I just wanna thank my readers, because they are awesome and deserve some thanks! 

Okay, enough with all the mushy thank yous, you all came here to read the next chapter

Enjoy!

Nat's POV

Roxie pulled the jeep up at the huge high-tech tree house that the campers would be staying in.

Nat looked nervously at the long way from the ground to the lowest balcony.

She was scared of heights...

Hope, however, didn't seem to be bothered.

"Last one to the top is Dino Dinner!"

She called, already bolting toward the elevator.

Nat grinned evilly.

No way was she gonna be Dino Dinner.

She bolted toward the stairs, knowing that since it was high-tech, it would have a speed boost.

Her gamble paid off and she got to the top waaay before Hope did in the slow elevator.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Time Skip*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Nat's POV

It was nighttime and the campers were in their beds, some fast asleep, others talking.

Wanda was on the bunk above Hiro, Scott was above Pedro, and Nat was above Hope. 

Pedro and Scott were already sleeping (and snoring loudly), so Hope and Nat whispered when they talked.

Hiro was sorta half-awake, while no one knew if Wanda was asleep or not.

"It's not fair! Elevators are fast and stairs are slow, that's how it works!"

Hope wailed quietly, still upset that she got a bottom bunk.

Hiro tried to be sympathetic, but he was too sleepy to stop himself from giggling.

Nat dangled her head off the top bunk and grinned at the dejected girl beneath her.

"Better luck next time, Hopey."