Chapter 3: A Dream

"You doing okay, starlight?" a deep, soothing voice cooed from behind me. He rubbed my sore and tender shoulders with large, gentle hands. I melted into his touch and leaned into the massage. Another pair of hands met with my thighs, caressing them ever so gently. "Hi, sunbeam. Miss us?" a brighter, warmer voice hummed. I felt so safe. I wish I could stay here forev-

BZZT. BZZT. BZZT. BZ-

"GOD DAMNIT!" I smashed the stop button on my phone alarm. I groaned and rubbed my groggy eyes. I sighed in frustration and slowly sat up. I grabbed my phone to check the time.

8:30 am.

Processing...

"SHIT! SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT I'M SUPPOSED TO GO TO WORK TODAY! IT'S MY FIRST DAY! GET READY GET READY-" I was thrown into a panic. For a moment I closed my eyes to calm down and I felt their healing hands on me. Immediately, I was blushing like crazy. I cannot deal with this right now. AGHHHHH-

I put on an outfit I set out the night before, there wasn't any time to shower, anyways. I was pretty clean from my shower yesterday, though, so I wasn't smelly or anything. I quickly tidied my hair and brushed my teeth. I grabbed my phone and ran across my apartment to the kitchen and grabbed a banana. Quickly said hello to Kimchi, there's always time for kitty love. I then grabbed my wallet and keys, put on some shoes, and ran out the door. I got into my car and put the keys into the ignition. 

While the car warmed up, I checked the time. 8:47 am. Alright, I still had a little time to get to the daycare by the opening. I put the car in full throttle, (not really though because I don't want to get arrested or hit someone and shit), and sped to the Pizza Plex. I half-hazardly parked my car in front of the doors, which was a lucky find. 

I dashed through the doors, waved to the nice receptionist, and weaved my way through the ever-growing crowds of people. I finally made it to the daycare and bust the doors open. Sun jumped and looked over at me, startled.

Out of breath, I managed a,"..huff....Hi there...huff...Sunny..."

Sun squealed and skipped over to me. He picked me up and spun me around in a hug. "Morning, sunbite! I hope you slept well. Just try not to sleep as well, next time, haha," he said with a wink.

I smiled softly at him and then realized the position I was in. I blushed profusely and patted his back signaling for him to let me down. But, I guess he didn't get the message because he didn't put me down. He raised an eyebrow at me and continued to carry me as he tidied up the daycare. If I was blushing before, then I was on fire at this point.

"Uh-uhm-Sunny? Could you put me down? I need to check some things in my office before we open." I stammered.

He set me down and pouted. "I'm sorry that you didn't like the hug. I won't do it anymore," he said shamefully.

"N-NO THE HUG WAS FINE! Healing actually. You don't have to stop-" I paused. Was he teasing me? I looked back up at him. He had a huge mischievous grin on his face. Oh my god, he was teasing me and I walked right into it.

I put my face in my hands to cover my blushing and he chuckled. "Don't worry about it sunbeam! It's 8:55, so you might want to do that thing in your office you were talking about before the kids come in,~" he sang.

"R-right.." I made started to make my way over to my office but paused slowly and looked back at him. His face was turned away and he was stacking some large blocks. While I was admiring him, he suddenly stood up and turned his head to look at me. My eyes widened because I had been caught, and whaddya know? I was blushing like a dork again. I speed-walked to my office now and I heard a giggle from Sun.