Teaser

I found myself at the park on the swings. I was surprised nobody was here but then again, they'd all run because of my ugly appearance.

I could call Jeremy... No. Jeremy and his boyfriend need space. I refuse to be that annoying friend. They're so happy together, it almost makes me jealous. I wish I could be happy with someone.

Stop lying to yourself, I thought to myself bitterly, you just want a distraction from your family and Kane.

Him.

Why did he have to be in the bar that night? It would have saved me a lot of time and feelings if I hadn't accepted his compromise. But at the same time, I was glad I accepted. He could be so funny, even when he didn't want to... But at the same time I hate him for being so mean, arrogant, and sarcastic.

It's my fault anyways. How could I be so stupid, falling for his charm? He doesn't want someone like me. He's popular while I'm a shy nerd. Stupid stupid stupid stu-

"Princess!"

That nickname... It could be him...

I turned my head and there he was, running towards me, looking tired and determined.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, crossing my arms and standing up.

"I know what happened." He said, stopping in front of me. We were so close...

"What do you mean?" I asked, acting dumb.

"Princess, don't be an airhead, that's not who you are." He said. "I know what she said, okay? You don't have to pretend anymore. You aren't anything she called you. I know you. I know that you hate it when I call you Princess, you make it obvious. I know that classical music makes you want to sleep-" classical music makes everyone want to sleep! "-I know that even though your siblings drive you insane no one loves them more than you-" true... "-and more importantly I KNOW that you are smart and kind and beautiful and all around amazing."

My heart skipped. Did he just call me beautiful?

Oh don't flatter yourself.

"What do you want from me, Fruit?" I sneered.

"I don't want anything from you!" He yelled, not even acknowledging his nickname.

"Then why are you here?" I asked, impatiently. I didn't want pity.

"BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT YOU!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Princess and The Fruit

Coming to your Wattpad library soon

if you add this story to your library, that is...