promises, promises.

DISCLAIMER: This story doesn't have anything to do with the characters in real life. 

Trust precedes love; Trust is an attribute of love. Trust enhances love. We can love someone because we once trusted him or her, but as soon as that trust is destroyed, that initial love that was built on trust, isn't enough. For Leni, the trust that she has built for Risa all over the years is already broken into pieces, but she chose to stay. Not for herself, but for their daughter— for Sun.

They have been going through a lot of couple counseling together for the past three years and yet Leni's still undecided on her decision— whether to leave Risa, have a divorce with her and have a shared custody with Sun or just stay with her, forgive her for what she has done and start a new life with them.

"How long are we going to do this, Leni?" Risa asked her the moment they stepped into their room.

"Do what?" Leni deadpanned as if she didn't know what Risa was talking about as she removed her shoes and put them in its place.

"This! Pretending that we're okay in front of our child, pretending we are the best parents that she could ever have and the perfect couple in front of our friends! Pretending that you still love me even though you don't!" Risa affirmed as her knees weakened because of her sudden outburst. Leni just stared at her as she composed herself before speaking.

"I still love you." Leni whispered while staring at Risa, who's now bent on her knees, crying. It was loud enough for Risa to hear it, so she looked at Leni. She saw how much tears she had cried since her eyes were already swollen. Leni would've hugged her and let her cry on her shoulder, but since they are in a different situation, she just stood there, watching the woman she love cry over their unstable relationship.

"... but I don't know if I still can trust you." Leni said before she slowly walked out of their room, leaving Risa on the floor, still crying.

Three years ago.

"Sun? Anak, it's way past your bedtime na. Ako nalang ang maghihintay kay Mommy, okay? Come on, I'll tuck you into bed." Leni told her 7 years old daughter who is now patiently waiting with Leni for Risa to come home. 

Risa never came home this late or if she does, she makes sure that Leni is always updated whenever she is, but tonight was different. They had a fight earlier this morning and neither one of them has texted each other since then. Even though they have a misunderstanding, Leni is still worried about her wife. She knows that Risa is a reckless driver when she's upset.

"I don't want to sleep without Mommy." Sun replied as she pouted her lips and crossed her arms. Leni sat beside her and made her look into her eyes.

"Mommy will be home late, anak. She's still at work. I am sure she would want you to be asleep by the time she comes rather than seeing you awake late at night. You have school tomorrow pa naman." Leni explained. Taking care of a kid while worrying for your wife isn't as easy as you think it is. Leni's patience was tested today, but only Sun can make her feel calm in the middle of chaos.

"Okay... Promise me first that you will kiss her goodnight for me." Sun raised her pinky finger that made Leni chuckle but raised her pinky finger afterwards. Leni tucked her in bed and kissed her forehead.

"Good night, Sun. Mommy will be here when you wake up na. Pray before you sleep, okay?" Sun nods her head as Leni closes the light and slowly closes the door of their daughter's room before going back downstairs to wait for Risa.

It's almost three in the morning and yet Risa's still not home. Leni is already falling asleep in her seat, but as long as Risa is not here and nowhere to be found, she needs to stay awake. Nakailang tawag na siya pero hanggang ngayon, hindi pa rin sinasagot.