Chapter 14: Mother and Daughter

After Gui Momo left, Shen Qing walked out from behind the dividing screen.

She climbed up to Ren Wan Yun's side and cling onto her mother as she spoke with a tone that was unable to hide the anger, "Mother, that Shen Jennie is still not willing to give up His Highness Prince Kai. What should I do?"

Among the three household in Shen family, the First Household was undoubtedly holding the highest official position and it is very possible if Jennie would ask Shen Xin (her father) to request a marriage for her. But she also love Prince Kai so what was she considered as if Jennie succeed?

His Highness Prince Kai was such a handsome and talented person, how can he be possessed by a stupid and ignorant Jennie. Every time she thought about this, Shen Qing could not resign her heart to it a hundred times.

"Rest assures. In this Shen residence, no one can be bigger than you." Ren Wan Yun said, "Jennie has a stupid character and there is nothing to fear about her. Your mother naturally has ways to let her not marry His Highness Prince Kai, but it is you..." She sighed, "There is no harm in seriously looking at the people from Qiu Shui Yuan. You really think that the Second Girl is a good person? You have such thoughts but Second Girl may not have it."

"Shen Yue?" Shen Qing wrinkled her brows, "She also love His Highness Prince Kai? How is it possible?" Shen Qing said, "Even if she truly likes His Highness Prince Kai, Third Shu's rank is not higher than Eldest Bo and naturally would not be able to say anything. No matter how one see, it cannot be anything to fear from."

Ren Wan Yun pointed at Shen Qing's head as she rebuke, "How can I rest assure with you. Your Third Shen is a formidable person, in the beginning your Third Shu..." Seemingly realising that these words should not be said in front of children, Ren Wan Yun suddenly kept quiet. She only said, "In short, you need not take that stupid Jennie at heart as Mother will naturally handle the matter."

"Thanking Mother." Shen Qing sweetly said. Both mother and daughter smiled.

Inside Qiu Shui Yuan, Chen Rou Qiu was sitting at the table writing.

She was a female from a scholarly family and had unbounded talents. Even though she was a married woman, she still often like to read books and calligraphy. Shen Yue stood behind her, clad in a yellow dress that make her body slim, just like a younger version of Chen Rou Qiu.

"Mother, why did you said that to Gui Momo?" She could not help to ask after a long time.

Gui Momo came over once but unexpectedly Chen Rou Qiu did not only prevent Gui Momo from stopping Jennie to continue to be in love with His Highness Prince Kai, she also let Gui Momo advise Jennie that His Highness Prince Kai was a good place to be married to.

"Won't this make her more determined to marry His Highness Prince Kai?" Shen Yue complained.

Chen Rou Qiu place the brush down and gently sighed before pulling Shen Yue's hands to the couch to sit and said, "Yue-er, didn't Mother tell you before that whatever things that one does, especially within this house, must be done in a big round. This is that if anything would to happen in the future, one would blame the heavens and earth but would not blame you."

Shen Yue shook her head, "Mother, I do not understand."

Chen Rou Qiu smiled. This daughter of hers was gentle and talented and she was also not stupid but she was after all too young. It was most likely Third Master Shen doted on her too much thus she did not know how dangerous the inner courtyard was. It was unlike her in the beginning, when she was in the minister's residence, there were a bunch of older and younger sisters, Yiniangs and concubines. Which one of them was easy to deal with? That was why after she was married, she firmly grasp Third Master Shen in the palm of her hands.